Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Motivating Others | Origin: ED406

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Motivating Others

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

What I have learned about this topic is how to encourage others through extrinsic and intrinsic motivations. I will help my students to accomplish and achieve their dream goals through confidence boost and guiding them through every step of the way. 

I have more information now on the specifics of what motivates individuals. I think that reinforcing the purpose behind their work will be as big motivating factor.

Make sure there is an obtainable goal or objective. (SMART) sample: Climb Mount Everest (bad example) and Climb to the top of Mount Everest (good example).

I have learned through this topic is that in order to connect to others and motivate I must use a combination of extrinsic reward and tune into their intrinsic motivation.

I have learned how to encourage others through extrinsic and intrinsic motivations. To use these skills to help motivate my students better and myself.

Untrinsic and extrinsic both are rewarding depending on your age. iN THE WORKIN SECTOR ENPLOYEES THAT IS ALMOST READY FOR RETIREMENT DO NOT CONCERN THEMSELVES WITH THE INTRONSIC FACTORS, SUCH AS SALIARIES,PROMOTION, ADMINISTRATION, SUPPORT, ENVIRONMENT, AS MUCH AS YOUNGER EMPLOYEE. mOST OF OLER CONCERNS ARE LOCATION AND BENEFITS. LOCATION, WORK HOURS, ETC.

IF PROVIDED FOR BOYH  AGE GROUP, JOB SATISFACTION WILL BE VERY HIGH AND BOTH GROUP WILL BE MOYTIVATED TO STAY ON THE JOB.

ANN NELSON

I have learned that a reward inicially can help you to be motivated it can become boring. It is imortant to change up the reward and even advance it but most importantly to change the expectation or level of expectation to meet the reward. To some motivations you will need to add praises and help to set goals to achieve those praises.

The importance of motivation and the different theories that underpin it. 

For an instructor to motivate students, she or he should be by itself motivated.

I ROCK !

I knew this already of course... but this course helped me see how important it is that I never forget it!

what I have learned is that my way of motivating students was incorrect. I know understand to motivate it must be untrinsic and extrinsic.

Intrinsic motivation leads personal satisifaction while extrinsic movtiavtion avoids pain.

The best portion thus far was to break down the intrinsic motivators and how I can reinforce them with my students. There is a level of education that is important to use a perfect meld of both intrinsic and extrinsic for the success of the students, staff, and academic faculty. 

I think the best thing is to find what motivates the studnets in this generation and go on from there.

Learning about how to motivate our students is important, finding out if they intrinsic and extrinsically motivated. We can use this information to help our student to reach their goals. 

I've learned that you have to share your motivation with others rather than manage them. If you foster motivation and goals they will be more effective

How critically important feedback is to adult learners and how critical it is to return exams, quizzes, tests as soon as possible and the affect a delay in feedback can negatively impact the adult learner.

I will use intrisic motiviarion by utilizing as many personal healthcare stories to help keep them motivated. I hope this will show them how motivated I am to be in healthcare and help inspire them to want to learn as much as they can. 

I have learn to motivate my students in making them aware of the finial reward which comes with their students, giving them the autonomy in some of their assignment

Sign In to comment