Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Pursuing Effective Instruction | Origin: ED143R

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

The Most Effective Instructor: Scholar and Facilitator --> Pursuing Effective Instruction

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

This module taught me to be balanced between what I know and what I impart. Treating each student as an individual with a unique approach may be the best approach.

I learned that effective instruction is about keeping students involved and making sure they understand the material. I plan to use clear explanations, real-life examples, and questions to help students stay engaged and learn.

Moving around the classroom and speaking directly to individual students helps to keep the classes attention and encourages each individual student to participate in the discussion. 

Understanding cues and making sure flow of the class moves efficiently makes a master! 

In this module I learned 15 cues a facilitator can use when engaging with students. I also liked the section about class environment rather than class rules.

I learned about a lot of nonverbal cues and how to best apply them; also what not to do. Keeping professionalism in the classroom is key and using these dos and don'ts will absolutely help. 

I've learned of the different non verbal cues and how they can be important when interacting with students or just people in general. 

From this topic, I learned that being an effective instructor requires a balance between being a scholar and a facilitator. Having strong knowledge of the subject is important, but effective teaching is more than simply presenting information to students.

Thoughtful way to present the power of non-verbal bits to deliver precise and successful ways to  reach all students; can be used as we interact with others in general. Great reminders!

This module taught me that effective instruction requires balancing the roles of scholar and facilitator. A scholar maintains expertise, stays current with evidence-based knowledge, and continues lifelong professional development. A facilitator guides students by creating an engaging, supportive, and learner-centered environment that promotes critical thinking and active participation. As a part-time LVN instructor, I plan to apply these concepts by incorporating case studies, clinical scenarios, and discussions into my teaching. I will continue expanding my nursing knowledge while encouraging students to connect classroom concepts with clinical practice and develop confidence as future nurses.

I learnt a great deal of new information regarding how to be an effective facilitator and maintain authoritative stance with my students.

Although I teach online and students can't see my body posture, I know that influences my behavior.  I may transition to standing during part of my lectures to embrace the authorative stance discussed in the lesson.

I learned that effective instruction requires engaging students and using active learning strategies. I will apply this by encouraging participation, using questions, and supporting student success.

Setting the stage for the learning environment as a facilitator creating boundaries with students, and how one represents themselves to the class.

I like that my non verbal communication can be just as important as my verbal. 

My online classes are recorded so I think I may go look at some and watch my non-verbal cues to see if there's anything I can pick up on to do better or change.

Possibly videotape a class to observe my non-verbal expressions

It is helpful to know the differences.

I ike the ideas for non-verbal communication dos and don'ts.

Sign In to comment