Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Not a lot of stress in my classroom. I have more problems with them staying awake than being stressed.

The seven multiple intelligences are as follows: Interpersonal - aptitude for working with others
Logical/mathematical - aptitude for math, logic, deduction
Spatial/visual - aptitude for picturing, seeing
Musical - aptitude for musical expression
Linguistic/verbal - aptitude for the written/spoken word
Intrapersonal - aptitude for working alone
Bodily kinesthetic - aptitude for being physical

The music would distract from the Logical/mathamatical and Intrapersonal areas. But since the idea is only to find other individuals, the game does not involve analysis or deep concentration. The game will probably only last for a very short period of time. The music may energize some people, while will totally ignore it.

using games does help with students retaining information also the debreifing at the end of the day to make scertain the students have picked up the key elements of that days tasks

Hi David!

Thanks for your input. I, too, like games and I often used them for the end of the day review or for test/exam reviews. Students really liked that approach and retained much by association.

Keep up the good work.

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

So John! What techniques are you using in the classroom to help students stay awake?

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

I find that involving them in a contest between groups of students or classrooms in a contest that involves mental and hands on really gets my classes rolling and has been a total sucess

If you can identify how your students learn,it will be alot easier teaching them the curriculum.....

i really enjoy this module and will put this in to my routine.

I agree, very nicely done. Jean has this all rapped up. Thanks Jean and Thank You CEE 107 for another excellent course.

Hi Craig! Jean has done an excellent job with her synopsis. As the facilitator, I too have learned new skills through ED107.

Thanks for your support and appreciation of ED107.

Jane Davis
Ed107 Facilitator

I'm afraid this would not be allowed in our school. We have strict rules that say we must adhere to the course materials and if it dosen't pertain to the class, don't do it. We actually have every minute of class time and lab time mapped out for us.

i think if we guide our students by realizing their strnght and weakness they can become sucessful..

Excellent point Armando!

I would like to hear about some of your guiding techniques.

Thanks,

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

Interpersonal-they need to work together
Logical-they need to be in the proper order
Spatial-they need to picture the proper order
Musical-the music sets the tempo of the task
Linguistic-they need to read there paper
Bodily kinesthetic-the need to move around the room

Interpersonal: they have to work together to accomplish this excersize.
Logical/mathematical: They have to apply logic and basic math to get the steps in the correct order.
Spatial/visual:they have to envision the correct steps andlook at the different students to find the one who has that step.
Musical: they are "empowered"by the music being played.
Linguistic/verbal: they have to discuss and verbalize with the other students in order to accopmplish anything.
Intrapersonal: they have to think for themselves.
Bodily kinesthetic:they have to arrange themselves, move around,into the correct order.

Logical - they have to map out the project and how to acoomplish the task

Interpersonal - it will take some teamwork to get the process in the correct order.

Verbal- they will have to communicate with fellow classmates to find the order and make groups

Visual- they have to visual the steps and the logical sequence of the five steps

Bodily- they will have to move around to find four teammates and line up in the correct order

Muscial - there is fast music in the background that will set the pace for the activity

Intrapersonal- they will have to mange their own stress about acoomplishing the exercise given and make a plan of action to accomplish it

Excellent Joseph!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

I very much agree! I am very much enjoying this course and definitely will implement some of the contents there in.

This exercise definitely has students learning that some goals require teamwork to be achieved.

1. Interpersonal: The students are interacting and discussing what the five skills are and how to order them. They may have not even known what the steps were. Now they have to locate members with the other four pieces and as a group agree on the correct order. I can visualize a beehive of interaction.
2. Logical/Mathamatical: Students must the logical order of the steps
3. Spatial/Visual: Stdents must visualize the completed process
4. Musical: The fast music sets the mood and pace of the room
5. Lingustic/Verbal: Students must speak to each other and listen.
6. Intrapersonal: The students must analize how they cope with stress.
7. Body Kinesthetic/ Students are moving around the room to find the missing cards.

Sign In to comment