Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Since they are needing to think about urgency/importance that starts with intrapersonal, then working together is interpersonal, music helps with linguistic, arranging themselves is kinesthetic.

Linguistic: How can I use the spoken or written word? [The students asking each other for their steps uses linguistics]

Logical-Mathematical: How can I bring in numbers, calculations, logic, classifications, or critical thinking? [Arranging in the proper order is a logic problem]

Spatial: How can I use visual aids, visualization, color, art, metaphor, or visual organizers?

Musical: How can I bring in music or environmental sounds, or set key points in a rhythm or melody? [The fun, fast, and frantic music establishing the environment]

Bodily-Kinesthetic: How can I involve the whole body, or hands-on experiences? [room movement to find the other people]

Interpersonal: How can I engage students in peer or cross-age sharing, cooperative learning or large-group simulation? [the winner team winning a prize and the collaboration nature of the team exercise ]

Intrapersonal: How can I evoke personal feelings or memories, or give students choices? [student is choosing who to select to complete their list]

It is amazing. I have been doing activities with my class to impliment different types of learning styles and it is fun and they look forward to out trivia excercise

The exercise looks as though it will encompass all seven of the Multiple Intelligence steps and it may happen in varies order for each students. For me it would play out in the following order:
• Musical: this will give a dual feeling of easing the students mind a little and give them an enlightened energetic feeling.
• Intrapersonal: In the beginning stages of the exercise the student will think for themselves.
• Spatial / Visual: the students will need to envision the correct steps and visual see the person with the steps they need.
• Interpersonal: as they beginning teaming up they will need to work together to accomplish the exercise.
• Bodily kinesthetic: while enjoying the music that’s playing, moving around and arranging themselves in the correct sequence.
• Logical / Mathematical: Applying the basic concept and rules of math to get the steps in order.
• Linguistic / verbal: the final realization of the process of working together knowing what order and who you need to team up with to get the exercise completed.

Hi
To reduce stress in class instructor must recognize student with learning disability, before my student start they learning activity to avoid stress I use the technique of visual, auditory and kinesthetic by demonstrated the technique in a way to make my students success full.

Eric Andre

By recognizing stress, & frustration with students when working with certain types of learning styles, & try to alleviate that stress. Making certain that I use the entire arsenal of instruction methods to deliver the course to all

finding the importance of order in a stressful stituation

Hi Clarence!

I not sure that I understand what you are trying to say - please elaborate.

Thanks,

Jane Davis
ED107 facilitator

Interpersonal – Students must communicate with each other

Logical/mathematical – Placing each person in a logical order

Spatial/visual – Moving around the room

Musical – Music is in the background

Linguistic/verbal – Instructions were given verbally, and students must talk to one another

Intrapersonal – Not engaged. Students “must” work as teams.

Bodily kinesthetic – moving around the room and placing one another in order

Emotional – acomplisment and pride of winning or at least finishing

Naturalist – Not in nature. Not engaged.

Existential – Each student has a role.

I believe this would be confusing to have music that is frantic & be expected to work as a group to solve a thinking problem. So in short I think this exercise would map poorly to task.

Hi Ronald!

I am one of those people who doesn't want any noise when studying or taking tests. I enjoy my music when nothing interfers with the listening. However, because people are so different, you would have a lot of conversation around music.

When an instructor can get a majority agreement, that's where music can best be used.

Keep up the good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

It certainly is auditory with the music, intrapersonal and interpersonal since they work alone and together--which also ties in everyone's linguistic, and indirectly emotional, abilities; the kinetic aspects are involved in finding and organizing, it takes visual abilities to see how to do this exercise, and logic to do this right.
I am not sure nature or existential abilities come in except tangentially. Sounds like everyone would be tired after it's done!

Teamwork will map to one intelligence.Prioritizing the tasks and organizing the order will cover another, and is a very good skill to have in gereral. I always stress to my classes to "have a plan", and map out the steps in your plan to get a task completed.I disagree with the "fast, fun, frantic " music however. Many learners cannot tolerate this kind of distraction, myself included. What might be "fun etc." to one person is torture to another.

It maps to kinesthetic beacause it's a physical exercise both interpersonal & intrapersonal as well as emotional because the students have to know or understand stress, and the music might make them feel stressed if the pace is to frantic. It's a existenial process because they have to know their place to find their place which makes it's mathmatical because they have to use logic to organize themselves into the proper order, and it's linguistical because they will have to have a discussion to see if they all aggree on the order of their place which makes its very spatial as well.

Great explanation Julia!

Good work!

Jane Davis
ED107 Facilitator

WOW...Dr. Stover, you hit a bullseye with your answer to this subject. I started to respond to this subject and just happened to see your answer and YOU NAILED IT! I was kind of reminded of a test I heard about when I was taking a scuba diving class that required the test taker to jump into the deep end of a pool and put on a complete set of gear on the bottom of the pool without surfacing for air. After several attempted it and failed, one person jumped in and turned on the air supply FIRST, put the regulator in his mouth and then completed the remaining tasks in order without stress and panic AND with plently of air to pass the test. While the current example involves several people and several MI's, the learning that takes place seems similar to me based on my personal experiences. Sometimes we have to see the "trees" and not the "forest" and realize the what has to take place for that to happen.

This exercise would allow other students to interact with each other, make friends and allow to de-stress one's self from a new environment.

This activity incorporates the Multiple Intelligences by allong students to move and interact with others in the class (interpersonal-linguistic/verbal and kinesthetic); The ability to learn and use the 5 step stress management process (emotion) can help a student in and outside the class. The music playing also helps the musical person focus on the task at hand.

It doesn't. It simply places more stress on each of the students. The "fun, fast, and frantic" music would tend to interrupt any thinking process that might potentially happen during this exercise.

Great example for an activity -- I am excited to re-work my in-class activities. I am including all of the learning styles,but multiple intelligences and debriefing is something that I have not explored as I should. Thanks for a very enlightening and informative course.

Sign In to comment