Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I find the following good questions to ask when designing a rubric,

To ensure rubric reliability, instructors should ask themselves the following questions as they are developing assessment rubrics and, if possible, test and re-test the rubric prior to implementation.

• Are all scoring categories well defined? 

• Are all scoring categories connected to learning outcomes? 

• Are all scoring categories associated with clear criteria?

• Are there clear differences between the criteria (i.e., expert, intermediate, novice)?

• Would two different instructors using the rubric arrive at the same score when assessing student work?

metarubrics tool is essentially a rubric for a rubric to ensure it is meeting the criteria and goals for student

I am going to need help from students to improve rubrics.  This will be difficult, because I can't get them to use the rubrics I currently have.

Instructors should revise rubrics.

you must always try to improve on your work.

Metarubrics are rubrics for rubrics.  Students can be involved in creating a rubric for an assignment which is intended to increase motivation and further understanding of how they will be graded.

In this section, I learned that I should First, start with detailed and descriptive criteria to provide rich feedback. Descriptive feedback describes areas in which the student did well and identifies ways to improve.

The megarubrics was a new concept for me.  I think its a great idea for rubrics to be evaluated by the school. 

I learned how to evaluate a rubric and can use this for existing rubrics I have to learn how to improve them.

Metarubrics are great.

I am looking forward to having students' learning improve through using and developing rubrics.

I had not heard of a megarubric prior to this.

After going over this section, I can see how important is the students' participation in reviewing the rubrics. This would help both the students and the teachers. 

I learned how valuable rubics are for online classes.  The information on how to use metarubics to evaluate rubics was very informative.

I am looking forwatd to using Rubrics. I think it will be fun.

In addition to the components, design and process, it is important to consider what the rubric will be measuring and how it will be used. Rubrics are used for formative, peer, self and summative assessments, and the type of feedback they generate should be appropriate for what each rubric is trying to assess. I will give careful thought to the purpose of the rubrics I use so that I will be able to accurately measure what is intended.

Ensuring clarity in the rubric will enhance student performance and learning. 

I was not familiar with metarubrics prior to this course. I am curious if Concorde will ask newly hired instructors teaching the same course to give feedback about any rubrics used.

This will help me to develop better grading rubrics. The rubric gives the student understanding of what is expected.

I think it is an excellent idea to have someone else check our rubrics!

Sign In to comment