Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Thanks, Gary. Suggesting to someone that they may be "on the wrong bus" is not easy, but sometimes it is the best thing for both that person and the students.

I feel our school and the instructors and staff all work hard at caring about our students and their emtional needs, not just the bottem line.I see everyday the caring that goes on and it does make a difference.

Thanks, Randy.

What are some of the specific things your team does that illustrates their intelligent hearts?

I see instructors take students aside and mentor them and help them along so that they dont fail the course. Also I see some students that are struggling with personel issues and the compassion that instructors have for them and try to help them through their struggles in which they might otherwise give up and quit.

Thank you, Randy. Your team is definitely on the right track.

Students that dont want to give there all should have an instructer chat with them about how well they have done in the life and it all started when the got there education. With out that you would not ever have been able to be ready to retire when you are ready

Yes our school is made up of intelligent hearts, most of whom go way beyond their educational duties and help students with many problems that are unrelated to the subjects being taught. More than half have not yet entered the job market and need advice on many "life" issues. They get help with things like "How to act when out there?" , "What will be expected of me?", " what do I need to excell?" , etc. It is an usually "student concerned " place to work.

Thanks, Warren. It sounds like your school "gets it" and applies it.

An instructor that stays positive and well adjusted is bound to affect the students attitude toward their education.

Thank you, Donna. How do you demonstrate these traits to your students?

From the president on down a common vision is shared. Students come first and it is expected that everybody who works in the college make eye contact and say hello to students and each other. We are often complemented by visitors on the warmth we radiate.

Thanks, Gabriel. It sounds like your campus lives with an intelligent heart.

The Intelligent Heart is the way to succeed and helping others student to concentrating on their study more n focus a lot more what they want to do in their future.

After being here for almost two years I've really learned what diversity is. Seeing students literally from all over the world has been an awesome experience. And yes, you will have the students who give their all and some who just can't get it going. We have to keep in mind HABEs and just because their not getting it doesn't mean they can't

Wayne,

"Just because their not getting it doesn't mean they can't" should be a slogan in every faculty lounge! Well said.

My perception of an "intelligent heart" is caring for our students to the fullest of my ability. As assistant director, I have the distinct benefit of hearing the most intimate area of our student's lives. I offer compassion and sympathy while adhering to school policy and regulatory rules. The motto for our school is we believe in caring for our students, in fact we were buttons with the words "I Care".

Thank you, Miguel. I like the "I Care!" bbutton idea. It sets a behavioral expectation that all of your team can live by.

We have a lot of intelligent heart in our institution. I feel thats why are retention rate is good. Hopefully we can model this to the students and they in turn can pick it up. I also believe that when you have so many people with the same goals at heart, it makes it very hard for those that don't not to stand out.

Thank you, Marlene!

Those that are negative will eventually leave or become more positive when surrounded by positive people. One of the executives I worked for used to tell me that he could tell what kind of place a school was within five minutes of meeting the receptionist and walking into the student lounge. If you have a good school, it is easily discovered.

my perception is that of someone that is willing to make/take the time to work with and help out the students.

Sign In to comment