Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

James,

You are correct most instructors are teaching because they want to be. For some of us, the "Ah ha" moment is better than any paycheck.

Burke,

That is great that your school has many intelligent hearts. Students can feel that when they enter the building or classroom. It gives them a sense of comfort.

Like any organization, I think the "Intelligent Hearts" vary. Some of our staff need to be lifted out of their own serious circumstances. Managers need to recognize that not only students need access to "intelligent hearts." Many of us come with well developed patterns of behaviour that could mean the person has difficulty seeing the positives of life and therefore communicating those positives to others. We are progammed by our life experiences and this doesn't mean that the "intelligent heart" is always present. I think our school culture has its share of "intelligent hearts," but it also has its share of others. That is why continuing to redefine our goals is an important part of moving ahead and developing the "intelligent heart."

Faculty and Staff must also Model, Mentor and Monitor and be "Intelligent Hearts" to each other as well as to the students.

I would like to have all of our staff take RT-104.
This is an excellent course to make each person aware of the responsibility and accountability they have to each student. I told my supervisor that this would help bring all of our team together(Student Services, Accounting, Admissions, Facility, Financial Aid & Education).
I went to both staff break rooms and wrote "Attention = Retention" on the white boards. We are for the most part "Intellengent Hearts". We have some caring people here. I think the miss comes from a division between departments. Ex. "They are your students". They are all of our students. We are making steps to to make the process more personal on the front end for the new students. My perception is that you have a honest passion, compassion and desire to help and see people reach their goals. That is our real job here.

Our school has an intelligent Heart. In fact it is our #1 objective is to work together to keep kids in school. Eg. entering comments in a computer system able to be accessed by all departments. It gives heads up to everybody on any issues and they can react accordingly without wasting time.

Tim,

You completely understand our business. Everyone is responsible and accountable for student success. This is a great example, "They are all of our students."

Great job! I'm sure the writing on the white boards will start some conversations that can lead to success.

Tim,

Thank you for your response. I would be willing to come and conduct this training for all of your staff live at your school. Just let me know.

Joe Pace

An intelligent heart is a natural characteristic, and if a person doesn't understand what it is they can have a hard time believing in what they do.

William,

This is an excellent point....someone who does not understand what an intelligent heart is will probably have a difficult being one. Do you think someone can become an intelligent heart?

Having a school with a staff made up of mostly intelligent hearts is what seperates us from online programs.These online students have very little if any human contact and are missing out on daily motovation and encouragement.

I think that most of us are "Intelligent Hearts" at this campus, but not all. We can not always fix what took many years to break, but we can still have a positive affect in a students live.

Michael,

The human contact is very important for some individual, however intelligent hearts can still be online instructors. It take a special intelligent heart to provide daily motivation and encouragement online, but it is possible.

Martin,

That is what being an "intelligent heart" is all about, simply having a positive impact and giving a ray of hope.

I will agree here in that the vast majority of our instructors have an intelligent heart. I truly believe our instructors want every one of our students to succeed and are willing to do whatever it takes to help them achieve it.

Any time that I can reinforce ther Dreams and hopes for there future I will - even if it mean just talking it out and having them re-tell there dream and to positivaly act on that with them, by offering some guidence in whatever they seem to be feeling down/bad about

I my veiw intelligent heart is basicaly treating the students with resprct that everyone deserves.Not passing the buck to another department . when a student has an issue follow through with that student and ensure he/she gets the assistance that they need and deserve.

For the most part it is. Most of my colleges try to do as much as possible to help the students in any way they can.

Most of the instructors here care about their students and want to see them succeed. Unfortunately some people wouldn’t know what an intelligent heart FEELS like so becoming one would never be in their personality. I don’t think it’s something that can be learned quickly.

Wayne,

This is a great point. An individual can't become an intelligent heart over night. Unfortunately, some people might not have the heart to be an intelligent heart, however they do have a special place in organizations.

Sign In to comment