Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Intelligent Heart

we have alot of intelligent hearts - most if not all the instructors go out of thier way to help our students stay in school and to be asuccessful person at the end

I would say my school consists of a lot of intelligent hearts but not 100%. Ours chool's culture is to assist our students in any way we can to help them achieve their goals and to be successful in their chosen careers. There are a few who although they may believe in that culture take the attitude of that being education's job, not theirs. My perception of intelligent heart is that in addition to each and every employee knowing his or her job, they must also have that desire to live the culture and reach out to students whether the topic is within or outside their specific realm of responsibility. They must believe that the students are our customers, they are people with passions and dreams and we are the conduit to make their dreams come true in spite of all the obstacles they may encounter in the process.

I think our overall culture is good. We provide excellent customer service to our students. Since we have a small campus we know our students and talk with them a lot.

I have also found that I must work with the staff to "keep their tank full". They give a lot and sometimes put up with a lot to make the school run well. Periods of time such as when classes are about to begin or students are not getting their FA checks as quick as they would like puts a lot of stress on the staff that can turn to negativity if we are not careful.

So true. I think all staff and faculty really care about the students, want to do a good job and want the students to be successful. But you always have those times when an extremely irate student or a difficult situation changes their focus and brings them to a negative state. It is a constant focus we must all keep with our staff to praise them for what they do and keep them positively motivated.

I would describe our culture as positive and one of looking out for the student's best interests. Many of our staff approach their responsibilities with an intelligent heart and I relate this quality as one very similar to emotional intelligence. They understand the needs of our students and more importantly care.

The praise we give students must also be "Warranted" in order to have an impact as well.

For the most part I have to say people at this organization do try to work together to create an environment both good for students and staff.I can not think of one person who does not care whole hardly about our students.Everyone at one time or another has looked out for many of our students.

I am a firm believer that we must work together in one accord. Not doing so is the eqivalent of an untrained choir which produces a horrible noise.

Everyone has an intellegent heart. It is just a matter of dicovering it. This is so because we are all human no matter what the indefferences are.We have dreams, set goal and tried to accomlish them.

Many instructors cares about their students and wants to see them do well, but what I realized is that some students just do not want to give their all.

I belive that we must be carefull of the way we classify studnts as cutomers. Some just wants feel that are more thn just a cutomer. Students sometime wants to feel like they belong or more like a family. School environment as a lot do with how students feel about thamselves.

I believe that too much emphases is placed upon praising students. School is a place where students go to learn and we provided them with the tools to meet and face challenges that might come their way in the future. With that said" the old saying" said you reap what you sow. We must remind students that they get what they put in to studying and working hard. It is not written in law that Educational institution give praise to students. Students are their to learn and for no other reasons.

At my institution, we display affections towards our students. We care about their well being, we care about their success. Our mission is to provide student and prepare student for a succesful career. We stnd by that and thats we believe

Any kind of praise to a student must be warranted. Sometimes we may have to dig to find it but it is important to many students that have never received much praise throughout their lives. It is needed to build self-efficacy and self-esteem that then leads to better performance.

My school is made up of intelegent hearts, highly motiveted directors

Our school has a very heathy Intelligent Heart. Every one has a very positve way that they deal with every student. Communicating effectively and having a positive understanding as to the students needs and directions. being a positive teacher gives you a understanding of your students strenghts and weaknesses.

The "Intelligent Heart" to me it means one goal, one team helping one student at a time.

Many instructors have the IQ intelligence but very little Heart or what's know as EQ. The Intelligent Heart suggests that they have both.

Not ever staff member relays to the intelligent Heart concept, but if every onr did it would make a great difference in the school in a hole

I agreed with the Instructor's helping with student issues but all could be a little more involved.

reinforceing the students goals and dreams needs to happen more from the Instructors anf falcuity

Sign In to comment