Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Stephen, how often do you go through this feedback process and how many changes are typically made in one of those cycles?

Lisa, sounds like a good move; I'm surprised that standardized norms weren't in place before. Have you had resistance from faculty about this change? Do they feel that their prerogatives have been taken away?

No, actually the faculty all love it! We have clear cut guidelines, the students have clear cut guidelines, and we all help each other with the set up and implementation in our gradebooks. This is the second quarter we have used the rubric and everyone is very happy with it.

We meet with new students at least twice during their first class. Visits to other classes are not based on a set schedule, but one campus leader routinely visits each class once per each Phase. We haven’t kept track of changes implemented, but clearly should and will, starting today!

Students are surveyed at the end of each term and each student who comments is called to see what we can do to make things right. Activities are planned quarterly to help students feel included in the school.

Thanks great news, Lisa. I promise it doesn't always work that way. Frequently there is a small group of outliers who make it difficult for everyone else.

How long has the school been calling students who respond to the end of term survey, Tina? Long enough to know whether this encourages or discourages participation? My guess is that some students wouldn't respond because they wouldn't want to get the call.

We only call the ones who leave a number because they want a call back. Other survey responses are anonymous.

My institution have created several committees to reach to students for their feedback as for as their expectations such as surveys. Also, having events that involve the students as well as the community.

My institution have several programs to reach out to students for their feedback as for as their as expectations and satisfication. For instance, we have a committee that have meeting monthly to see how to students are performing. Also, we have different events to encourage students and their families to come and enjoy.

Equanda, how do you evaluate the impact of the events? How are they organized?

How often do you have events for the families of students, Equanda? What's the budget for the events? Who determines what they will be?

We have them ofen sometimes at least 3 to 4 times out of the school calendar, I do not know the budget but I'm certain there's one. I believe our campus director determines what it will be.

For the most part the events are successful. We are well known for the events we have in the community. It is well organized by the persons who have the event.

We do surveys and advising with student.

We also do class room observations to see the interaction of the faculty with the students.

They use end of the semester surveys

How's that working for you, Troy? Has retention improved? What do these practices mean for you personally?

How often are these observations done? How are the results shared with the faculty? Do they find this useful or painful?

What do these surveys mean for you personally, Michael? Have they helped you improve in your job?

Sign In to comment