Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Measuring Your Career Success | Origin: CS101

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Setting Up an Effective Career Services Department --> Measuring Your Career Success

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

In this module I've learned the importance of reaching out to the student employer to follow up, send surveys, and keep data to assist with making future curriculum decisions.

In this module, I have learned the importance of feedback.  It is necessary to collect data from alumni, current students, and employers to ensure you are meeting the needs of all stakeholders.  This can be done through surveys. Surveys must be conducted in a timely manner and on a regular basis to ensure the most recent employment data is collected and utilized to make updates and improvements to the Career Services Department.

I learned that it is very important to keep in touch and to continue communicating with past students and employers. 

It is improtant for us to get feedback from all parts of the hiring process. We get feedback from our students, helps us understand the fit in the job, but also from our employer partners to understand how our grads are doing. This feedback should continue so that we can help where needed but also continue to provide feedback.

Main takeaway: forming relationships with employers is a marathon, not a sprint. Having strong relationships with these folks will also benefit the students in their job searches. 

Staying in touch with our alumni and employers will definietlt help you in the long run. They are your best asset for recomendations and for feedback about the school and profession.

I learned the importance of feedback and staying in touch with both graduates and employers.  Great idea that graduates who have found jobs could be a resource at their company to let you know of jobs for new graduates. Also surveys are important to send to employers to keep your training effective and currant.

I have learned to be sure to communicate and reach out to various stakeholders. Ways to follow up can include sending surveys to students and employers to get feedback. Anaylize the feedback and implement the changes you would like to see. Another way to stay in touch can include reaching out to alumni to host a workshop or be a guest speaker.

follow up is important for a number of reasons - data can be used to improve programming, increase communication/networking with employer stakeholders, build program success, make use of former graduates, etc

Getting employers involved can benefit not only students but the entire institution. They can provide feedback and scholarship and overall develop a great relationship.

I learned that its important to do a lot of networking so you know if the curriculum needs updated or changed to meet the needs of the workforce. Its also beneficial because there might also be other programs your institution may want to offer based on what current trends may be. 

It is always good to follow up with students that have been placed for at least a year. Contact them every 90 days. Make sure that they understand that if they quit, laidoff or get fired. That you are there to support them in looking for employment as part of their Retention and Follow - Up Services. make sure to take notes on their current status when doing the follow - up.

As for the employer relationship make sure that it always stays solid. Even when they are staff changes within the organization. Always keep them inform of any changes. Always ask them what they are in need of and what requirements the student need to have. You dont want to send the wrong person and you end up burning the bridge with that employer. It will be hard to rebuild that relationship with the employer.

Establishing realationshipswith employers is vital to a Career Service Department as well as maintaining contact with graduates of the institution.  By doing so, we can gather information that will ensure we are providing our students with the best training to prepare them for the workplace.  Keeping stats on employment placements, retention and contact information is necessary. Not only is it best practice in keeping our Career Service Department up today, this information may need to be shared with reporting boards.

This course taught me the importance of staying in contact with employers and the need to develop a realtionship with them. They may offer services or may highlight to you the types of candidates they need. Doing so will lead to a better opportunity for students in their job searches.

What I've learnt is that feed back from both alumni and emplyers of passed students are important. it provives the Career Service Department with information of their strenghts and weakeness. wat they are doing right and wat need improvement as it has to do with preparing student for the working world. keeping contact with them also provide insite information on chances in the workplace, job offerings etc. 

An alumni commity can be something we impliment in the institution to better inprove bout our services and to keep track on how well our pass students are performing in their respective jobs.

I have learned that following up with students and employers can provide valuable information for job satisfaction.  We can get information for the accrediting boards, information about the program, and possible benefits for students. employees like scholarships. 

Exit interviews gives us a change to meet with a graduate asking if they found a place of employment and obtain the company information or, if they need further help finding employment.

We thrive to get graduates employed within 2 weeks after completing their course.

Staying in touch with previous graduates, enabled us getting referrals of friends and family members, as well as employment opportunities with their employer.

We invite employers to come to our school to talk to our students in person or, via ZOOM meetings.

Employment data of students after they leave a program is important to prospective students. Tracking graduates and their success in the job market will let an institution know if the training they provided their students was effective.

Student feedback can be vital to an institution gaining information from companies that are hiring or will be. It will also give institutions knowledge of salary increases or advancement opportunities and guide to improving the training program.

Sign In to comment
Related Learning Opportunities