Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Timeliness, Accuracy & Service | Origin: FA110

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Developing an Efficient Financial Aid Office --> Timeliness, Accuracy & Service

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I have learned that timliness, accuracy and service are keys components in running a financial aid office smoothly.

I will especially keep in mind the pointers given to handle student complaints. Such as being there for the student, being kind and interested, and making sure at the end the student is satified with the solution you have provided.

Everyone involved in student services should listen to this lesson.

Good information regarding customer service, in nearly any environment. 

Very informative and helpful.

How important it is to be timely, empathatic, the student needs to feel they are valued and important.  I enjoy helping others, and strive to provide the best service I can, and always strive to do my best and to better.

The importance of doing everything in a timely matter but being empathatic while doing it. I learned the different steps of the FASFA application and what happens in the back and how the student gets qualified/ awarded.

I will be using these steps to understand the students situation and giving as much information to the financial department so the student gets as much help as possible.

I have learned that the FA process is an integral part of the studnet's higher education experience. Learning the operational aspect of FA has helped me to gain a broader piocture of how students enter our schools and the efforts at this level can make or break not only a positive studnet experience, but can have detrimental effects for the school at large. 

These are very important reminders that our students are our priority when it come to their education financial aid needs.  Each situation must be treated differently and active listening must be observed all the time.  Thank you, this was an excellent module.

I have learned that students react to the way you react. If you are negative the student will see that and you will make matters worse.

ISIR's and time frames of receiving them.  The dates an award letter begins and ends.

FA is usually were the students are most fearful, if they explained the process well, things are completed timley, accurately with great customer service it will ease the fear of the unknown. 

This was really helpful and a good reminder that we are in a customer service business.  This recommendation alone is helpful:

• Never say to the student "I don't know" – far better to say "Let me check on this…" The fact that you do not know is of no help to the student and will not solve his or her problem.

Very good information and well put together.

I have learn that the financial aid process depends on the accuracy, professional knowledge, courteous customer service, and attention to details of the financial aid advisor. To ensure the institution's and the student's goals are achieved. 

I have learned that timliness and accuracy are very important and that attention to details will save headaches in the event of an audit.  I have also learned that Exceptional Customer Service is a key component to student retention.

There will be student complaints; however, there are several proper ways to address those complaints.

This is what I have learned from the timeless, accuracy and service. 

You have to have good customer service skills to make it viable and make the whole finicial aid office work for you! Because if you lack that than there is no point. I will also say that I have learned the process it really takes to go through and do process one applicaiton is quite a lot, but that is why the office is there. 

Is very important have a good customer services skills all moments and be positive. A time is as important in retaining qualified students. One of the most important thing is work together for the goals.

I learned that it is important to respond to a prospective as quickly as possible to determine their eligibility and then get them to the Financial Aid Department within 48 hours after meeting with Admissions.

Sign In to comment