Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The importance of excellent customer service in retaining our students. 

What I learned most were the timeframes for executing specifics steps of the FA process.

Always take the time to listed to the student before reponding.  Customer service is key to success and it takes 12 positive experiences to overcome 1 bad experience.

Is a good information, the students are very important to each Institutions and the services is very important too.

All great info. This is my first time working with students face to face as I have only worked at an online school prior to now. It's a different experience altogether. I am naturally good at customer service, but this information really reaffirms how important it truly is!

I learned that timeliness and accuracy are key factors in having an efficient FA office. It is also very important to have exemplary customer service because it is what differentiates your school from other schools offering the same courses. Exceeding student expectation is the KEY to building student loyalty.

I learned to take ownership of the problem or the complaint.  Don't tell the student I don't know that I will get back too them.

The financial aid office is an important component of the admissions process as well as student retention.  Godd services all round is important.

Students aren't always right, but your attitude must be in order to have the best chance for a positive outcome.

I have learned great organizational skills affect the student experience, never say "I don't know" and listening to the student encourages retention. Also, the need to meet with the student with in 48hrs of the admissions department. 

I learned the importance of timely processing all financial aid and quality customer service to ensure that all goals are met.  

Most student withdraw because they feel no one at the school cares about them

It is good to know that after several years in this business, the rules haven't changed, the professionals have.  I beleive in 100% customer service to be given to all.  The admissions rep. brings in the student, FA closes by presenting their awards package in a timely manner, and good customer service.

I have learned that efficency, while providing good customer service is possible. We can have quality, and quantity.

I liked the own your attitude. It is easy to let your mood to control you but we can always make the choice to control our mood. As financial aid we have a lot of contact with students before they start class so we can influence their experience at the school. 

The deadlines for financial aid are extremely important as well as the attention to detail.

I have learned how time sensitive is everything related to financial aid and how important is to make sure that all files are complete, verified and audited prior to disbursing funds. Conducting file audits will not only save money and time, but will prevent any findings when the Department of Education audit out files. 

Ivette Lugo

Even the most efficient operations are ineffective without good customer service.

Respond timely, encourage students to take the time to upload requested documents in the beginning, and respond to complaints with kindness and compassion

It is interesting to know that 66 percent of the students leave due to the reflection of the employee's attitude or indifference. With this, it should be suffice to say that it serves as a great reminder to have staff members to mind our responses or reaction.

Sign In to comment