Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I LEARNED THAT IS IMPORTANT TO HAVE A GOOD CUSTOMER SERVICES SKILLS ALSO IS IMPORTANT TO RESPOND AS QUICKLY AS POSIBLE TO DETERMINE THEIR ELIGIBILITY FOR FINANTIAL AID.

A time is important in retaining qualified students, very important thing is work together.

While reviewing this section I learned that a student complaint doesn't necessarily mean something negative. I learned that it can also be a learning opportunity for both the administrator and student.

I recently took the "Developing an Efficient Financial Aid Office Timeliness, Accuracy & Service" course and it was a great experience. The course provided me with a clear blueprint for running an effective financial aid office in an educational institution. It taught me how to optimize my time, increase efficiency and develop strategies that will be beneficial for my organization. I plan to utilize the following suggestions: 

"Never say to the student "I don't know" – far better to say "Let me check on this…" The fact that you do not know is of no help to the student and will not solve his or her problem.
Never tell a student "there is nothing else I can do for you" – even if this is what you think. Instead, say "Let me see what else we can do."

I didn't learn anything new.  We are implementing everything we can.

As a first timer in  financial aid , it was very helpful in understanding the process and maintaining the students trust in the process.

With dealing with Finanicial Aid everything needs to be done within the timeline 

These are very important reminders that our students are our priority when it come to their education financial aid needs. You have to have good customer service skills to make it viable and make the whole financial aid office work for you! Because if you lack that than there is no point. 

I have learn that the financial aid process depends on the accuracy, professional knowledge, courteous customer service, and attention to details of the financial aid advisor. To ensure the institution's and the student's goals are achieved. 

I have learned to be an efficient and professional. We need to have a good customer service and managing time accurately.

Financial Aid is one of the most stressful parts for individuals seeking school. Being efficient is essential; however, good customer service is vital. When the two are combined, it is a win for the student and your organization. 

I learned how important it is to have the best customer service to the students as they are our priority. 

It was a great refresher to the things I already use every day.  

I am aware that it is the responsibility of the entire academic administration to ensure that excellent customer service is apparent during all student interactions.

Aside from compliance, verification, auditing, and meeting deadlines I've learned the importance of providing excellent customer service. Never say "I dont Know" instead say "Let me see what else we can do". 

l learned the importance of providing exceptional customer service. I also learned to ensure the FA office gets at least two audits annually. We should not only depend on FSA auditors because they can also miss something. To consider outsourcing for additional auditors for compliance purposes. As an FA Associate Director, I must review my staff files for corrections and ensure they receive adequate training. 

I have learned that to run a successful financial aid department you must take action, timeliness, accuracy and service is of the most importance.

I recently started working in Financial Aid Office and everything in this module is very important to me.

Very good  and helpful information.

Take student complaints seriously and maintaining good customer service with every student at all times to make their experience better.

In order of a Financial Aid Office to run efficiently one must provide a provide a positive customer service experience, and exercise timeliness and accuracy when processing students aid. I feel the key component is customer service as we are always making an impression on the student and their families. I liked the examples provided on how to reword your typical statements and will share these with my colleagues.

Sign In to comment