Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Reply to Terracina Dupree's post:I agree " true leadership should have Integrity, trust, Morals, and ethics characteristics'  Ethical actions keeps and builds the integrity of the institution

Regards

I think it's important for all of us all to act and conduct ourselves in the same manner. Compliance is really important and allows us to do our job the way that it should be done.

We must acknowledge that each student has various factors that affect their learning. By faculty working together (admission, deans, program directors, instructors), we can encourage our students and aid them by staying on task. We can also direct them with resources that may be outside of "comfort zones" 

I wish I'd had something like this 20+ years ago. Much of it was learned the hard way, which makes the course all the more valuable. It's a great summation.

Everyone that works at the school has a part in compliance. Say what you mean and mean what you say. Be consistant, fair, transparent, knowledgeable, with purpose, inclusive with community, and outcome-driven are all linked to schools's effectiveness.

Helps me understand the definitions of misrepresentation ahd supperlatives so I can better communicate correctly with students

I have learned a lot about word choice and being open and honest. It is okay to not know something sometimes, but making sure that you guide the students to the proper person is the correct thing to do to make sure student's needs are met. We must never misrepresent the school. 

Going the extra mile for our students to encourage trust and transparency

As faculty, we have to be in alignment with our institution's mission, core values; have knowledge of accurate information on metrics monitored by accreditors and licensing agencies and used by students to make major decisions regarding their education. We also have to be always truthful, transparent, supportive, and aware of our role as facilitators, motivators, change-agents, and teachers. This awareness must dictate our thoughts, actions and behaviors.

Our student's success is our success. Staying compliance is a win win situation for all involved.

Staying in compliance increases student trust in the faculty, staff and the college environment.

The culture of compliance is advantageous and allows the student to pursuit and accomplish their educational goals.

Vernise Walker

Customer service is a key component on how to sustain a culutre of compliance.

Showing students that we follow core values.  That are fair and consistent and follow complinace but at the same time making it a fun, safe and safe environment to learn in within a positve culture.  Helping them see the the way to confidence and to be successful in thier field and life. 

Teaching Life Skills is often part of the role of the educatior.  

This course was informative and I will use it in my day to day!

​The customer service principles were ​great cornerstones of how to interact with students. Every time an interaction occurs, it's a reflection of the school. 

That there is more to just following the rules and remaining compliant.  

We must remember why we are doing this and that is to help to student succeed in all aspects of their educatiional pursuits.

Creating a culture of compliance is not done through one action, or a day of good actions, or even a week, but rather for the longevity of that school. It is something to always consider and strive for, and it is done through closely following certain practices regularly.

These modules have been very useful and informative.  The take away lessons are to always be consistant, transparent, and helpful to the students.  I think that we need to be aware of how we communicate and what we communicate to students, it is important to be honest and create a culture of trust. 

When compliance leads to a student's success it's a good thing!

These were very interesting modules. These will help guide with ethics, alligned to the organizational culture. We must provide correct and truthful answers to our students to help them achieve success. 

Being accurate and up to date on your school's academic catalog and disclosures can go a long way with being in compliance. 

Sign In to comment