Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Do not use superlatives because they are not factual information but express you opinion. Representations need to be verbal or written abd cannot deceive or confuse a student.

Superlatives are hard to resist when you have a long tenure with a school in which you believe. I've had to bit emy tongue many times, even though I often feel that I can prove my superlatives. Nevertheless, it is easy to be over enthused.

Avoiding superlative statements is key to our student's success.

I have learned that it is extremely easy to give misrepresentation. You have to be percise and avoid superlatives. This is something that requires a lot of knowledge and to really think about what you're saying. 

Misrepresentation,” is any false, erroneous, or misleading statements ... Factual information is  to be presented to prospective students and families regarding educational programs, financial aid, and the employability of its graduates.

Use of documented data, accurate facts supported by numbers, and absence of superlatives are basic concepts in avoiding misrepreresntations.

The affirmative vs superlative chat is a great resource for all associates to have on hand for reference.  

When engaging new and current students you should always state facts and not just what you want.

​The stakes are high when it comes to misrepresentation - it doesn't matter if it was unintentional or a mistake. It has real consequences to the institution and your position. ​

I learned how superlaitves may give the wrong impression and can even be considered a misrepresentation.  Avoiding the use of superlatives and using only facts is a better choice.

our conversation should be direct and not exagerated and if we dont have the answers lead them to the proper source to answer the questions they may have

Misrepresentation is frightening. As an adjunct professor contracted to work part-time hours, I am not always deeply intertwinde in my College. I would never want to accidently misrepresent anything, and need to be diligent about keep up on current policies and procedures.

i honestly think it a trade off, you get out what u put in.

In this module I learned about the importance of representation and always sticking to the facts.  You should never overexagerate the truth and always tell the students the latest accurate information.

That we should not exaggerate when it comes to our school but we must be straightforward and factual! 

When giving an opinion about your school, be very careful not to exaggerate, as any comment made must be supported with facts.

Facts are key in representing your organization.

It is very important to not misrepresent information to the students about the programs at the college and to avoid using superlative language. 

From this module, I've learned the importance of accurate representations and full disclosure. I will avoid using superlatives and ensure my statements are supported by facts. This will help students make informed decisions about their education and career goals.

I have learned that when it comes to graduation, placement, and licensure rate I need to give them exactly the documented numbers and to avoid superlatives.

I intend to apply this by continuing to read the information word for word as Ogle asks us to do. This will keep me from making a misrepresentation when giving the student this information.

Sign In to comment