Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Overview of Career Schools and Colleges | Origin: CM301

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Compliance Training for Texas School Directors --> Overview of Career Schools and Colleges

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

After reading about this topic, I have learned what it takes for a school to be compliant. Also that there a lot of rules and regulations for the director and the instructor.

Schools need to be in compiance with the CSC and have learned some of those regulations and rules in regards to school directors and Instructors. 

There are rules and regulations that a school must follow to be CSC compliant

I'm a new director at the school and must know the complaince regs.

I have learned many new responsibilities & obligations of a School Director in order to be & to maintain compliance with the CSC. I intend to continue to review all of these tasks on a regular basis going forward in an effort to stay current my my responsibilites/duties.

I reviewed the rules related to School Directors and learned that they must have a good reputation. This includes not having committed a felony or having run a school that closed without issuing required refunds.

I have learned that there are many rules and regulations that have to be followed in order to be in compliance with the CSC. This module has been very informative for the responsibilities pertaining to a School Director's role and obligations. 

I learned I have a lot to learn.

I have been able to refresh my knowledge about qualifications for a representative, and the instructor. The application process for these positions was helpful as well.

I have learned that a Representative has to have a undersrtanding/knowledge of the campus and he/she must provide accurate information regarding their school.  The representative cannot advise students about FA nor discredit other schools.

I also learned that a School Director at a small school must have a good reputation related to the rules of CSC, and management experience.

After reviewing the Overview of Career Schools and Colleges, I learned about the details that are involved with being compliant with the state of Texas. I also learned about the process for qualifying an instructor to be approved to teach the program. 

I've learned that the state provides guidance on how to operate a career school successfully by putting into place laws and rules in the practice of enrolling prospective students. This is to ensure that the career school has all the information it needs to stay in compliance. 

I intend to use this information in the day-to-day operations of the school and utilize as applicable.

I am learning TX law and plan to apply in the future.

Good afternoon.

I have learned /refresh rules and regulations are necessary to be/stay in compliance. Additionally director responsibilities and duties.

I have learned the state requirements for Admission Representative, Directors, and Instructors teaching in the private postsecondary sector of education.  Furthermore, I have a better understanding of the regulations and what state, or CSC approvals are required.

I learned that representatives cannot solicit in public places other than organized meetings. This lesson has taught a lot of useful information that will be applied daily. 

I have learned the roles and compliances related to representatives, directors, and instructors. The lesson is helpful as a reminder and as an update to compliance issues that have been discussed previously or have had changes made.

I have learned that the roles we play are significant and knowing how to proceed with every action you place in this department is extremely important.    The number one takeaway I understand is that compliance is essential, ensuring everything is accounted for is what is important, and ensuring we are serving our students no matter what. 

If you have a specific compliance question, please contact the appropriate regulatory or accrediting agency. Use the lounge only for discussion of general compliance and ethics issues.

This course provides school administrators (including the School Director, Executive Director, Campus President, Dean of Education, and senior campus managers) in the state of Texas a working knowledge of the Texas Workforce Commission (TWC) rules and regulations for career schools and colleges. This course covers all aspects of operations and compliance for administrative-level staff. The how and why details in the areas of Admissions, Administration, Financial Aid, Education, and Career Services are covered in a user-friendly, multi-sensory environment that allows the participants to test themselves on compliance issues that are faced on a daily basis.

Sign In to comment