Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Florida-Specific Regulatory Requirements | Origin: CM221

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Florida Admissions: Complying with the Rules and Regulations --> Florida-Specific Regulatory Requirements

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

Always be compliant and transparent. The Rules and Regulations protect the student and the school. 

Always be compliant and transparent. The Rules and Regulations protect the student and the school. 

It is important to be very familiar with the institution's and state's regulations  in order to offer honest feedback to applicants.

I've learned the importance of accurate and truthful advertising. Also, to be compliant with all the state's regulations and institution's policies so we offer applicants current and proven information about every aspect of the admission and enrollment process. 

I learned that the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) outlines the prospective and currently enrolled students'rights to privacy. An example is the prohibition to reveal information about student grades or tests to others unless the student has given approval.

A legitimate institution embraces discosure to ensure their students are fully informed.

DB
DB

I was not aware of the CAN-SPAM Act, which is additional compliance we must adhere to.

One of the regulations is that employment predictions, or salary projections must be factual and based upon reliable statistical data. A good resource for this is the BLS, or Bureau of Labor and Statistics.  Encourage students to do their own research in this area and to utilize the BLS as a supporting resource.

It is important to be very familiar with the institution's and state's regulations in order to be transparent with the prospect. 

What I learn in this module is the importance of being compliant and transparent. As well as implement in-service training to have a refreshment of The Rules and Regulations that protect the student and the school.

It is important to be compliant and transparent with prospective students. It is essential to only share information that can be backed up with proof! 

The information was clear on the importance of following rules of the instituion and the state regulation.  

The rules and regulations are great tools to follow in order to have a successful institution.

All admissions representatives should have a clear understanding of the Enrollment Agreement for your school and make sure you are abiding by these guidelines.

Transparency with the student is a critical role all admissions personnel must exercise.

Admissions personnel have an active responsibility to be compliant and transparent with prospective students. 

The importance of transparent advertising.  Admission Department has an active participation and responsability.  Must be very clear with the process and the compliant with the rules.

I've learned the importance of accurate and truthful advertising. Also, to be compliant with all the state's regulations and institution's policies.

Sign In to comment