Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Marketing Compliantly | Origin: CM106

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Creating a Compliant Culture: Do's and Don'ts --> Marketing Compliantly

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I appreciate tha information about CAN-SPAM. I often have to reach out to graduates and current students regarding a variety of topics.  I appreciated the details regarding how to ensure I am following the CAN-SPAM Act.

Course are too long but I apreciate the information.

The module shed light on contacting students and the regulations that come with that responsibility. Opt-out requests must be honoured prompltly, the facility has 10 days to opt the request-ee out of contact. If a potential student makes an inquary and they are on the "Do not call" list - The facility has 3 months to attempt to contact after that inquiry. 

This topic is important for me to appropiately maintain communication to my constituents. I intend on making sure I follow the guidelines to protect the interests of the school and make sure that we aren't in any risk of violating oversight policy. 

It's important to follow guidelines on students/prospective students opting out of emails and/or phone calls. If a student/ prospective student is on the DNC/DNE list and they submit an inquiry then they may be contacted up to 3 months prior to the inquiry if they are on the DNC/DNE list.

When communicating with students (especially when it comes to advertising), the institution needs to lead with honesty. This will set realistic expectations for the students, set them up for success, as well as mitigate future complaints.

With regard to program delivey expectations, we have learned that most prospective students are not effective listeners. Often, when touring or first enrolled, due to excitement, nervousness or just feeling overwhelmed, we take whatever time is necessary to communicate effectively and seek reflection of what has been told to the prospect. It is of vital importance that the prospect clearly undertands expectations. Not only his or hers, but the expectations of the school as well. 

Good Information on Consumer Act

Do not call people on the list and accurately place them on the list if they ask.

Very important and timely, rules and protocols which must be foll0wed to avoid false advertising claims 

Understanding these topics is crucial since failing to do so will cost the schools a lot of money.

Topic is informative. 

I learn about reaching students after graduation. It is my job at the school I am working with. 

Marketing is part of running a school. We want to let the consumers know of our programs that will benefit them. However, there are specific rules of marketing that the school must adhere to. Schools must be cognizant of the DNC list and not make calls to individuals at their residences on that list. There are rules for spam via email. Obviously, hacking into anyone's email is a crime. Marketing must be ethical and should not promote services with exaggeration. All marketing materials must be reviewed by the management. Certain languages are prescribed, such as when offering financial aid, use te language -- financial aid is available for those who qualify.

Being able to know that there are guidelines when recruiting and posting the school makes it easier to create a format without fearing that we are doing it wrongly. 

I appreciate the information on the DNC, penalties and that it is lifted about 90 days of being placed on a DNC List. I also appreciate the facts regarding the recruitment guidelines as it makes it less scary that we are doing something wrong, and more apparent that we are doing things right.

Promoting the institution is a strategic way of increasing the number of prospective students.

Recruiting alway the best at anytime when you recruiting with methodology.

This has been amazing and so informative

Sign In to comment