Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Admissions Staff Training Program | Origin: CM201

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Admissions Compliance for Postsecondary Schools in Florida --> Admissions Staff Training Program

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I currently work as an Administrative Director for the facilty that I am becoming an Administrator at. I learned the difference between a course and program, which was really helpful. I learned that there are rules set in place on the things you talk about to potential students. 

As a representative of my school, I have learned that the admissions policy is vitally important and I intend to keep abreast of the rules and regulations to periodically update my staff.

I have learned the importance of using the correct terms in the admissions process. My participation within the institution as an admissions representative and how I am perceived in this position. The statutes governing Florida, the purpose, commission for independent education. How far can I go if I am an agent. How much knowledge to acquire and put into practice.

I have learned to keep a resource notebook to keep it updated with dividers, so I can easily go back to it when I have a question to any policy or rules/regualtion.

What I have learned from this course are new/correct terms to use in the admission process. My understanding of Independent Postsecondary Educational Insitutions and who they are. Also I have learned more about Substantive Changes and the process before being allowed to intergrate them at said institution I work for. FAC Codes, statues and regulations necessary for compliance. It was definitely a great refresher course and added more information where needed as a return Admission Representative.

I agree with this module

I appreciate the efforts as noted in this module on assisting admissions staff to stay in guidelines and perform with the upmost ethics.

I have learnt about the importance of training regarding the admissions process and policies and the need to constantly update my knowledge about the rules of the Florida department of education  

I have learned the different titles that are allowed and not allowed as an Admissions Representative; how vital it is to be in regular communication with the Marketing Department; how helpful institutional manuals and orgination charts can be for general admission questions; why transfer credits have to be clearly stated during the admissions process; and how consultation skills can be beneficial for the admission process.

I have learned how important it is to make sure you are using the correct terms with the protential students as well as what we can and cannot call ourselves to perpective students. There is a lot of time and training that goes into what we do and it's important to stay sharp and aware of any changes. 

That it is important to understand all definitions associated with the admissions process.  

I have learned the importance of keeping all defintions and terms related to Florida Post-Secondary Admissions saved and close by as a useful reference.

I've learned the importance of understanding basic terminology when it comes to Admissions to be able to relay a clear understanding to prospective students.

I have learned the importance of knowing our job title, understaning important terms, using our resources and the process in which we maintain our knowledge and training in admissions.  

I have learned it is important to saty current with Admissions policies and procedures.

I have learn that it is important to know the regulation and maintaining a notebook will help with keeping me uptodate and organized. Taking admissions is a responsiblity.

Excellent way to introduce the benefits of learning and implementing the knowledge through successful recruiting.

Although I have been an educator for over two decades, I never worked full time in administration. This modules are very informative. 

Hello, this is my first position as an admission advisor and this module has been quite insightful. Learning your institution's individual policies, procedures, and pitch will be monumental in representing the school and finding strong matches. I am looking forward tot th erest of the course. 

Sign In to comment