Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It's imperative that accurate information is givem to prospects regarding the school/programs

Providing accurate information about the school and its programs is very important so clients can make the right decisions. It is important to always provide a realistic outlook on every information that you give out to prospective clients to avoid misrepresentation.

I have learned the do's and dont's when recruiting future students. 

Make sure when talking to students that you are always telling the truth.  There is no reason to lie or falsify any information about the school, programs or anything.  There are measures in place if you do. Being truthful is the best policy. If you dont know thw answer, just say let me find out for you. 

I had no idea that there was so much misleading information being given to students in higher education. I assumed that there were so many who were banging on their doors to get in already that there wasn't a need to alter the reality of the school's opportunities. Such a shame to build up something one cannot provide.

This module on Admission was very informative and practical for daily use on our organization

Never use absolutes or qualifiers 

Misreprisenting the program or school to students is unethical and it is improtant to fallow State and fediral guidlines not to misreprisent or misslead the students into thinking they will get something they will not to get them to enroll. Misrerisantion can lead to many different issues for the insatiution and the person working for the instatution. There should be no "Garanteing" of anything. 

It's important to give truthful and accurate information, backed up by factual evidence. It's important to fot misrepresent the institution, program or program outcomes when talking to prospective students.  

Honesty in programs is very important because students should not be misled.  Information from the Catalog should be reinforced espcially about class size and job placement when they graduate.

I have always been told to never garantee a candidate a position or offer same as never garantee a student/prospective student a position after graduation. you want to be forth coming and honest providing all information up front to help the individual make a sound informed decision. 

It is important for colleges and universities to be upfront and honest with information for prospective students. Lying, misleading and making promises that are not possible puts the employee and college at risk.

It is imperitive that a school is transparent with their students or they could face some serious backlash. Always refer to the course catalog and never give false promises to a potential student as it tarnishes the schools reputation to the public as well as their active student body.

In this module, I have learned the do's and don'ts about what I should and should not do when it comes to admitting students into the institution. I apln to take the knowledge and regulations and make sure that I am aligned with compliance. Student should not be made promises because they will hold the school and representatives accountable for those promises and if those same promises falls through, it then become an even bigger issue. 

Always make sure to provide accurate information verbal and or written.

Schools should not exaggerate what the school can offer the student for selling purposes as it could be misleading.  We are giving them opportunities rather than Guarantees.

Wow! What a great refresher on the topic of compliance and state agencies.

Honesty, clarity and following our state guidelines and procedures are key when interacting with potential students. This also protects the integrity of the college or university.

I have learned that the best response refers potential students back to a documented answer (college catalog, school website).  It is easy to inject opinion, but if given info in black and white, you cannot be accused of misleading!

It is important to always provide truthful information and do your job with integrity and professionalism. 

Sign In to comment