Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The student must be willing to provide a referral and their information without being forced or talked into it.

The best and safest method is to seek referrals from proud current students or graduates that are so happy with the education they recieved from the school. They will refer family and friends based off there experiance.

Its always nice for reps to see our there students are doing after they start, check to see how they like it and how they feel. then of course if the student loves what there learning then mention to them to invite a friend to see what they are doing to se if they would love it too.

I agree with you, Jennifer. This referral process example is the right way.

We have a Make a Difference form that we give to our students to refer friends and family to our school.

Asking current students.

Being a Financial Aid Officer I was particularly interested in information that our Admission Rep's deal with. This has made me more aware of what information admissions needs and also information that they should not have. This was very informative.

Great points, Jill!!! Referrals won't occur unless the students are satisfied with the service provided.

Toni - That's great! I love hearing positive "side effects" of training! I hope it inspires further cross functional discussions at your school!

Get them at your school from your current happy and satisfied students...Don't go to the local unemployment, housing or foodstamp etc administration

So that we do not violate any guideline or regulations, an institution should solicit referrals from the active student population, focusing on those students that are currently happy with their progress, they are more willing to refer their friends and family.

Referrals from grads and current students. Hold an open house for anyone interested.

We elicit referals from students that are currently enrolled.

My approach towards student referrals is very open and done in a conversational manner. It is very basic and non demanding, simply, "Do you know anyone else that can benefit from attending Concorde College"?

Usually the response is great and open as well. Whether the student does not know of anyone in their life at this point in time or not it is a great way to leave the door open to future options.

At our school we ask students who are active students for referrals. They know the program and what we have to offer...who better to refer the school then the students who attend the school =)

We ask if students have any family or friends that have expressed an interest in our field.

I agree. I really like seeing the bring a friend day. The Core programs on our campus have found one day in a few modules that work really well for this event. Now, the faculty have it built in to the lesson plan to expect guests that day, students are beginning to anticipate when these days hit in their programs and Admissions ends up with a bring a friend day every month! So far it is really working well! Proud active students will always be the best source of referrals.

As like most institutions, student referrals are best obtained by current satisfied students and/or graduates. Like consumers, if people are satisfied with a service or product they are very likely to refer someone to that service or product.

I agree 100%...internal promotion is a great tool to attract potential addmission candidates.

I think the education speaks for itself. Incentives should not be needed for referrals. If the students and graduates had a good experience, they will refer others. Same for the employers and extern sites. If we have a good relationship with them and our students perform well, the sites would refer as well.

Sign In to comment