Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would prefer receiving student referrals from word of mouth from past graduates.

Bring a friend day is a newer method we have been instituting. In general if our students are getting the education they are seeking it seems to generate its own referrals.

That idea sounds great we should try and to that here.

Honest is the best policy.

I agree, if prospective students feel important and respected and that you are genuinly interested in them, referrals will take care of themselves

It's a fairly standard business practice to offer discounts or other incentives to customers who refer business to others. It's important that we all realize that we do not operate under standard business practices.

This being said, students (our customers) should in theory be the best spokespeople for our schools. It can become challenging to motivate younger generations without incentives. Note: "Challenging" not impossible.

Kevin - it is frustrating to be prohibited from such basic practices but, as you note, our highly regulated industry has requirements beyond such standard business practices.

I agree that students should be the best spokespeople and I hope we all can succeed in finding the way to motivate our students within the guidelines.

Our campus host a bring a friend day. Studnets are allowed to bring a friend that might be interested in attending school for one of our programs.

I agree 100%. Bring a friend day is a step beyond great word of mouth. It is in fact a notion where the student is saying "my school is great, let me show you." The problem that I am running into is that students are finding it hard to bring a friend, because they are working etc. Maybe an occasional Saturday Bring a friend day would be the solution.

Schools may need to obtain a license if recruiting an an additional location such as a temporary auxillary facilty. Any moneys collected must be immediately turned over the the school, and receipts should be identify the institution as the receipt of the fees.

Asking students who enroll. Referral gifts are no longer appropriate.

Certainly nothing that involves any sort of compensation of any sort. At the time of student surveys students could perhaps be asked to provide the contact information of anyone that they know to be interested in attending the school or specific program.

I just informing students that if they have anyone who may want to come to school we can help should be good. If the student wants to refer a friend they will.

It is a awesome referral idea. A great way for prospective students to get that first hand look at all we have to offer.

By a prospective bringing a friend to their appt... and if they both decide to enroll then they have someone to lean through school.

Yes, I agree. The more events and job fairs that a school can host and be a part will encourage students to WANT to come and to be a part of the activity. Job fairs will also get them excited since they know that the school has their interests in mind outside of the classroom.

Would you know of anyone that might be interested in a career in the medical field?

One method could be holding an Open House on campus. Also, having a form available that a current student could fill out, if they have a referral to make. This way an Admissions representative could call the referral back and make an appointment. However, if the school has a temporary auxilary facility for overflow, Admissions reps cannot recruit there, unless the school has obtained licensing for that location.

Constantly communicate with your students and ask if they have any friends or family who want/need to change their life just like they did.

I also think an alumni event might work well where we ask graduates to bring a friend or family member.

have a family and friends day not only do get their friends but you also can get family too

Sign In to comment