Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Jeff -well stated to clarify how to request without pressure.

We can ask for students to refer friends and family members they may think are interested in coming to our school but we can't offer promotions or financial incentives to do so.

We can continue to ask students for referrals, as long as they are not offered incentives or pressured to provide information.

All our school does is ask if they know anyone that is interested. We DO NOT offer gift cards for referrals or incentives for referrals or anything like that

Asking a current or future student if they know of anyone that would like more information about the school as long as there is no incentive attached.

Just kindly asking how they can help a friend or a family member in coming to school without offering any money, awards, or gifts.

Due to strict guidelines, and varied state regulations, the best and safest method is to seek referrals from proud current students or graduates. These students would willingly refer others regardless, so compensation is not needed. Schools with extremely satisfied graduates freely refer the school to others that may be interested.

Well said, Carmen.

Simply asking is the best approach. People are typically friends with or know those who hold similar tastes and interests to themselves. Students will not require an incentive if you are consistently striving to provide the best possible experience throughout the process.

I agree, Tim. Student satisfaction will naturally drive referrals.

We can ask for students if they know anyone who they may think maybe interested in coming to our school. However, we can't offer promotions or financial incentives to get this info.

We offer bring a friend to school day.

Get referrals from graduates without any inductments.

Great suggestion, Pat. I often think alumni are overlooked as a resource as many schools focus on new enrollees and current students for referrals. Graduates should be the ideal referral source since they have completed the program and hopefully put their training to good use!

We organized an "Xperience Day" where current students bring a friend to school who is interested in shadowing them for the day. John

Holding open houses wherein the students speak about the programs and the success they see. Words from a student are worth more than gold!

I think another great resource for student recruitement is from the professional practice sites. If there is an employer who is pleased with the student and how they are prepared for their internship, I have seen where that employer refers potential students to the program.

Though I am not an advocate of this type of communcation, one can not discount social media and how it can touch the lives of "millions" with one key stroke.

If someone has a postive experience they will tell one or two people, if they have a negative experience they will tell many.

Families are also a great referral source seeing thier family member suceed in their new career path.

If I am satisfied with the education that I am getting, I will refer a friend.

Having an open house in which the students can invite friends to spend a day on campus observing current laboratory and classroom settings. If the interest arises, admissions staff may provide the student information regarding program of choice.

Sign In to comment