Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Comment on Elissa Ranes's post:  the 5 W's and the H. Is where you find the meaning and open ended questions that will help discover any obstacle and even helping them find the meaning is to Why... etc.

I've learned that you can use questions to help guide a conversation. I can use this by using questions to help a prospective student to determine if our classes are going to be valuable to them.

I have learned to ask more engaging questions vs. disengaging ones. Asking why did you do that, for example, can put the receiver on the defensive. 

To have effective conversation with students and the class you must have proper questioning to involve proper communication and undertanding

Asking the right questions can help pinpoint where the issues are, and identify potential approaches to solving them.

Open-ended questions are great to get the prospective student to expand on what they are bringing to your attention. Closed-ended questions can help drive and move the conversation along.

Understanding questions and how to effective use them help you be a more effective at your job being able to communicate with prospective students and getting the needed information from them to ahieve mutual goals. 

I've grasped an increased understanding of the relationship and strategy of/in open ended questions, powerful questions and asking the right questions to prompt disclosure of exactly what you need or are looking for. 

Sign In to comment