Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Be certain the current version of the form is being used. Proof the application several times and have a second set of eyes proof the application. Verify all required attachments,if any, such as fee sheets, etc, are accurately prepared and submitted with the application.

Gregory,
This is a good practice. Per the discussion thread, others suggest comparing the application to previously submitted/approved applications. Lastly, send via trackable means (certified mail, etc.) to ensure CSC receipt of the application.

JP Mehlmann

For us, the process is 3 steps. First, our compliance department ensures we have the most current forms and then completes them. Second, our student services coordinator reviews and then adds any necessary data required. Lastly, our General Manager reviews all information gathered for submittal, reviews with both compliance and student services and ultimately gives final approval.

Using the current TWC form is a must to avoid unneccesary delays. Second be sure all information submitted is accurate and complete by having one or more persons proof the application. Third, be sure to include any applicable fees and the forms for the fees.

Gregory,
You mention all the main parts to submitting accurate applications. The person who signs the application (usually Campus President/School Director) is ultimately responsible so that person must be especially diligent when reviewing applications, prior to signing (and then, signing in blue ink).

JP Mehlmann

I agree this is very important step. I download the most recent forms from the website before starting. This way I am assured that I am using the most current ones.

Truly, a subject matter expert or consultant is ideal when you do not have the staff with similar skill sets.

I would you the check sheet and then have someone else to review the document before submitting it.

Marilyn ,
Good response. A good practice is to have two or more people review all applications. It is also recommended to ensure that the reviewers look at the application instructions so they are familiar with what is required. Also, participants in this course have wisely suggested review of prior applications for consistency and guidance when completing an application.

JP Mehlmann

Make sure I have printed off the most updated TWC paperwork, check for signatures, have all forms notarized and send form 186 with payment for all applicable fees.

Yes, another set of eyes is invaluable. I've already made that mistake...you learn quick when you slip up like that.

Brent,
The occasional or isolated paperwork error likely won't hurt your working relationship with TWC - but it will delay the processing of your paperwork. However, repeated errors could result in questions and/or closer scrutiny of operations - especially at your annual TWC CSC visit.

JP Mehlmann

Ink must be in blue (Official document)
Complete the fee sheet
Complete the application thoroughly

Bertha,
These items are all important. I also suggest a thorough review of the application instructions as well as having another person review the entire application prior to submission.

JP Mehlmann

I read and reread everything on the forms, then I create a cover letter as a reference for everything that will be included. When I finish filling everything out I email it to other school personnel to proofread, then I deliver it to TWC!

Ensure all required forms are included with application by comparing materials to checklist on page 1 of PS-302: cover sheet P. 4 of PS-302, proposed catalog pages, syllabi, externship info if applicable, letter from licensing agency approving program content if applicable, copy of diploma or certificate to be awarded, 5 Occupational Expert Support forms, equipment list, PS-042R notarized, PS-186 fee sheet, and application fee

Avoid common errors identified by TWC CSC: use competency-based terms for skills; describe specific job duties, double check conversion of clock hours to credit hours; ensure clock hours on application match clock hours in catalog; verify that course names/numbers on application match course descriptions in catalog

Marcy,
Excellent answer. Remember to sign in blue ink and include an extra copy of the PS-042R form with the submission.

JP Mehlmann

My only recommendation is to have a second person review the form prior to submission. The second reviewer should have a good understanding of the form requirements.

Miguel,
This is an effective and common practice to minimize application errors. The thread of prior responses includes excellent feedback from other course attendees on additional activities to ensure accuracy in applications.

JP Mehlmann

I agree with Miguel. I thik that second person or even three can be persons such as the Academic Dean as well as the company's President.

Sign In to comment