Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A second set of eyes to review the application is always a good idea.

Frank H.

They would much rather have you ask questions then to have to respond to errors.

Frank H.

to be honest, & if you do not know find out before youe give any inaccurate information.

Check the TWC's website to make sure I understand the current application, fees, and any additional information that needs to be submitted. These processes change often, and with several different accreditors it can be difficult to remember which Agency requires what. If this information isn't readily available or very clear on the website, I would call our TWC representative prior to submitting.

Checking the website to ensure you have the most current revision of the form is a very good practice. It is easy to get the requirements of the accreding body or another state to get you confused. It is always best to call if you have a question.

Frank Hammack

Use a checklist or TWC user guide as a starting point. Double check that the most updated TWC forms are being used (as they often change). Then go through w/ your check-list. Have someone on the campus who is very detailed oriented double check that everything is accurate.

Bobbi,

Yes you are correct, it is important to always check the TWC/CSC web site and make sure that you have the most current form from. Having someone review the form for accuracy is important. I would suggest that the Director's Designee would be a good person since they are required to be versed in TWC/CSC processes and should know what to look for. Common mistakes when submitting applications are: not signing and dating the application in blue ink; not attaching the Fee Sheet (PS-186) and/or check; incomplete or missing information; missing backup documentation.

Gerald Parr

I think going through a checklist or everything that is required first is a best practice. Along with the checklist having the required documentation available for a previewing internal team of managers is a good practice. Pulling up the most current forms and fees required; then submitting before the required dates.

Misty,

Your plan is a good one. It is especially important that you have others on your management team look over your application and documents to make sure that all details have been addressed.

Gerald Parr

We print the form just prior to beginning the application process. I assign individual department heads to comply with their section of the application and then we switch the finished product for peer review. This insures a second set of eyes for proofing purposes.

Richard,

This is a very good practice. Having more than one individual involved in the application process will help you to avoid mistakes and serves to help everyone involved become more familiar with the compliance process.

Gerald Parr

One thing I would do is use the PS-302 as a checklist. Since it includes instructions and the necessary forms, this would be quite helpful. I would also have at least one other individual review the application to ensure accuracy.

I found the best way to ensure accuracy is to implement a checks and balance system with qualified staff members.

In additional to all the preliminary steps offered in this thread, it would be wise to choose a consultant to review the final draft.

Gabriel,

It is always good to have your documents reviewed by a second set of eyes. Utilizing a properly experienced consultant is always an option when you do not already have people on your staff with similar background.

Gerald Parr

Hello Gerald,
Prior to submitting any applications to State/Accrediting, I would review it thoroughly and have at least 1 other person look at it. If a school has a compliance department, I would ensure that they approved it as well. I addition, I would look at past successful applications for best practices.

Joe,

I agree with your plan. It is always good to have a second set of eyes evaluate an applicants background. This is especially good when you have a compliance person or department available.

Gerald

The first thing I do is ensure I understand which type of application needs to be submitted and what else needs to be submitted with the application (forms, fee, etc.). I then make sure I am using the most current version of the application. Completing the application in its entirety is also critically important as is ensuring that the information included is consistent and accurate throughout the application as well as with the catalog. Final step would be to run the application through at least one additional set of eyes to help verify that the application is correctly completed, accurate, and compliant.

Make sure you have all the required information by reviewing the application forms before starting.

In order to ensure that an application for approval is accurate, it is best to involve multiple parties to review prior to submission. Aside from double checking that the correct forms are being used, this step ensures accuracy of the information detailed on the application.

Sign In to comment