Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree. It is always helpful to have another indiviual check your work. Also, I've noticed that I catch my own mistakes when i walk away from my work and come back to it with a fresh pair of eyes.

To ensure accuracy before submitting an application for approval, make sure you have all the proper documentation that is stated on page 1 of the PS-302 New Program Application. Once everything has been compiled, have other directors review the application for accuracy. If possible, it would be best to submit the application to the School's compliance department for review.

Before submitting any application for approval, I would be sure to use the most updated TWC forms. Secondly, I would create a self-checklist of items to be submitted with the application. Thirdly, be specific when submitting the details of the program or seminar. i.e., admission requirements, listing all learning objectives, lastly, have an addition staff member examine for numerical and typographical errors.

Paulette,
Thank you for your post. As always, be sure to remember fee(s), fee sheet, sign in blue ink, submit an extra copy of PS-042R, and any other details that are specific to the particular form you submit. If you feel uncertain about any form, you can call your TWC CSC contact - they are happy to provide guidance.

JP Mehlmann

Regardless of the application type, it is always good practice to reread the form instructions before beginning. Always have a second set of eyes review all applications. Never forget to include form PS-186 (fee sheet) and a check to pay for the application.

Marcus,
Excellent points. Also suggest looking at past submissions and ensuring it is mailed to the correct address with tracking.
Thanks,

JP Mehlmann

I would pull out the School Directors' Resource Guide, the Texas Education Code-Chapter 132, and the CSC Rules (Chapter 807) to verify whether or not we have to submit the application. Once I confirm that we must sumbit the application, I will read and closely follow the instructions found on the document. I would also try to find another similar application that we may have completed in the past so I can compare and contrast. Once completed, I would have our compliance team review the document prior to submission.

Susan,

Excellent answer. If you have not bookmarked some of the TWC CSC websites I would recommend doing so, to include the forms site (http://www.twc.state.tx.us/svcs/propschools/propforms.html#newschool), the current rules and any other resources to ensure you have the most accurate information and current forms.

JP Mehlmann

The checklist, Form PS 186 to pay the fee, notarized by school director. The right and current form must be submitted.

Prem,
Yes, make sure you have the most current form when submitting any documents to the State. Also, it helps to have a 2nd or 3rd set of eyes review the application for completeness prior to submitting to the TWC CSC.

JP Mehlmann

Reviewing all checklists and forms to ensure all items are being addressed. Request other individuals to review all items requested as well as the supplemental data gathered to submit.

Determine whether a Seminar or a program and whether new, replacement or update.

Verify time, content, and purpose (such as update knowledge, improve skills, dveloipe new skills, etc.)

Have professionals reviewed and advised on the purpose and scope of the content being applied for. Minimum of 5 per program area.

Have the fees been accurately determine and included for submision with the application.

Print form.
Create checklist with timeline.
Complete form with department heads.
Attach required documentation.
Have someone with subject knowledge review completed application.
Sign application in blue ink.
Submit application and appropriate fees.

John,
Thank you for your post. One resource that is often overlooked when completing a new/revised program application is the TWC CSC staff. If you have any questions about an application or the supporting documentation needed, TWC CSC staff are available to discuss, prior to sending in the application.

JP Mehlmann

Darlene,
Also, you can always call TWC CSC staff for any questions regarding applications.

Thanks!

JP Mehlmann

I do the same.  This is always a good practice.

Sign In to comment