Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Keep in mind there is no "I" in Team, I would have a group of people to overview this application process ensure that we are using current forms, ensure that everything is entered correctly and accurately. then prepare the package per the instructions and use the instruction sheets as a checklist to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Make certain that all information is correct.

Cecilia,
Those who review applications must also be knowledgeable regarding the TWC processes. Lastly, the final review must ensure all needed documents are included (an extra copy of the PS-042R is usually required) and that the application is signed in all the required fields - in blue ink.

JP Mehlmann

I agree with having a second set of eyes review any document that is being submitted. It should be common practice with your management team or department heads.

Karina,
Yes - if you view the discussion thread, you'll see other excellent practices, such as ensuring that all reviewers are trained in what to look for on TWC applications.

JP Mehlmann

Complete the most updated application fully and include all the supporting documentation. Then, several reviewers on our staff will proof read and verify accuracy. Use blue ink on signatures, complete fee sheet, attach payment, make copies of everything, and send by certified mail.

My first step is to check the TWC website to make sure that we are using the most up-to-date forms. Then, after filling out the form, I take a copy of my submission. I put all application submissions into my correspondence binder. I also create a follow-up reminder on my outlook to make sure I don't let anything fall through the cracks.

Amy,

The steps you mention are good. In addition, be sure to sign in blue ink and if possible have others review as well prior to submitting.
JP Mehlmann

Have them reviewed by Legal, Home Office, and Regulatory Departments.

For this I would probably make sure to:

1. Understand the rules and policies for the particular application I am submitting for example is it for a new program,
2. Make sure to understand and adhere to the process in completing the application,
3. Ensuring that I have all necessary documents ready and properly completed by the correct personnel and adhere to deadlines,
4. Be sure to submitted before the deadline.

Minnie,

Good answer. It also helps to have other people review the application prior to sending.

JP Mehlmann

According to TWC the initial steps I should consider are highlighted below:

• Create a personal Checklist to make sure accurate completion of required documentation
• Work closely with support departments to ensure compliance
• Complete the required TWC forms
• Attach all required supporting documentation
• Have multiple members in review final forms and documentations to ensure accuracy and send the material certified.

The process will make certain that all required forms and documentations is completed correction and submitted in a timely manner.

When I complete these forms for TWC-CCS, I always have another pair of eyes and usually my designate, review the forms. Then we are required as School Directors to submit the forms to our V-P of Operations at the Corporate Office to review. Then Corporate submits the forms and tracks them.

I would start off by completing the required TWC forms and make sure to attach all required documentation. I would then check with other departments to make sure that my application is in compliance and have this information submitted before the required dates. To be in TWC compliance all documentation should be signed in blue ink.

In any ocassion it is always important to check the TWC website for updates and or changes to policies and or procedures. Once this has been done then the appropriate forms can be completed and reveiwed if necessary by the submitting instiutions legal or home office team. Once approval has been given then the documents can be submitted.

One should always make sure you are using the most current TWC Forms and make sure all directions are followed completely. After completing the application I would have the school management team, compliance,and legal double check them before submitting and make sure all fees are included with the application.

I agree with reviewing all TWC forms and requirments. In addition, ensure the instructors and employers have reviewed the program - essential input; review the skills for employment - what is available in the market.

Joseph,
Yes - always a good idea to involve multiple people/departments while developing a new program. This particular aspect of compliance is very important to receiving timely approval, therefore it is highly recommended to have a process where one or more persons review all new program applications to ensure each application is complete.

JP Mehlmann

Richard,
Having your department heads participate in the application process is brilliant. I like the fact that all your department heads are involved in the process and that the final review is done by everyone involved.

As everyone has posted, checklist, a second set of eyes and director involvement are all wonderful best practices that I will utilize to ensure accuracy when submitting applications for approval.

Beki,
Yes - It is good to have other eyes review all applications but a good practice is to be knowledgeable and thorough when putting the application together in the first place. Ultimately, the school director (campus president) is responsible for any submissions so it is good to be thoroughly involved.

JP Mehlmann

Sign In to comment