Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Best Practices for Applications

Prior to submitting any application for approval, what are some of the steps that you would take to ensure accuracy?

Steps I would take is to review the application first and have an understanding of what is needed prior to completion.

Before submitting I would have a checklist to check off that each area was completed.

Sign in blue ink and not forget the fee sheet.

Dennis, I would follow the same steps and take it one step further. I would have an assistant or a director review the application. Another set of eyes will always help in identifying any mistakes or omissions.

I would always compare it to a previously approved application on file.

You can use a previously approved application but make sure that you review an application to ensure there are no subtle changes.

1. Review the changes to determine if it is a revision to an existing program or requires an application for new program.

2. Have multiple Directors review the application for completeness and accuracy.

3. Review the requirements to ensure all applicable forms and documentation have been secured and are included with the application.

4. Ensure Blue ink is used and that appropriate fees have been approved and are ready for disbursement.

Good response Ken

I found that having a copy of the previous catalog pages and a copy of the new catalog pages with a detail of what changes are being made helps the program revision move smoothly through the system.

id review the form just in case there are any updates. Using blue ink I would completely answer each question. Before its submitted I would review it a final time

Hello Mr. Hammack:

There are several steps that I would take to ensure the accuracy of an application.

First, I would read the application and written instructions to ensure I thoroughly understand the requirements.

Next, I would prepare the application and supporting document. I would then review the written instructions again to make sure everything was included.

Finally, I would have another director review it for completeness and accuracy.

Thanks,
Nicole A. Roberson

Nicole, your right own. Putting the second set of eyes on an application is always good.

Hello Frank:

After you read something over and over again, it becomes hard to pick out the mistakes.

Thanks,

Nicole A. Roberson

First I use the TWC Director Resource Guide to make sure I'm following all guidelines/rules for submitting the application. I then have another person in the school that is familiar with TWC application review it for accuracy. I then submit the application to our organization person that submits all TWC applications. This has served as a effective way of making sure our applications are accurate.

Submit timely within the states guidlines.
Ensure, blue ink issued.
Send certified mail to prevent loss.

I would ensure the program name was correct & spelled correctly, the program length, hours and price was accurate & all fees were submitted with the application.

The first thing I do is to make sure I am using the most current TWC forms. I then prepare the package per the instructions and use the instruction sheets as a checklist to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Lastly, I make sure that I have at least two other people check it for accuracy and always submit it certified.

I agree about the order as well as looking at what has been submitted in the past, preparing the application with supporting documentaion in th eorder asked for, asking another person to review, and signing in blue ink and sending in the fee.

Kim Nugent, EdD

First I would determine if the application is a revision to an existing program or an application for a new program. I would complete the application making sure I follow the TWC guidelines. I would then have someone else look over the application for completeness and accuracy. I would make sure all the requirements and all applicable forms and documentation have been secured and are included with the application. Lastly, I would then make sure all fees have been approved and are ready for disbursement.

I would review the application to make sure all of the information is accurate and matches what is in the catalog and curriculum. I would also make sure that if I have new instructors their applications are complete and submitted with the application, the fee is included with the fee sheet and all signatures are in blue ink.

Very good. It is very important to ensure a second set of eyes review anything before it is submitted. This prevents deficiencies that slow the process down.

Prior to submission of an application for approval it’s important that you complete a checklist and review the entire document for accuracy, it may prove useful to compare the application to any other approved applications. Most of all ensure you are adhering to the most recent standards and compliance.

Sign In to comment