Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Additional Training Opportunities

What other areas of the recruiting/admissions process do you feel would be of interest to you as future training opportunities?

I would like to see more training on handeling cost objectives and the value of an education

I would really like to see more admissions training be in the classrooms. I think product knowledge is vital to this career and to actually live a day in the student's footsteps would give us hands on knowledge and stories for the prospective students coming in to see us.

I think it would be beneficial to have pier to pier practice interviews a couple time a year so we can see objections that other reps have had or to obtain new ideas that you can include in your interview process.

I would benefit from a classroom environment were we can interact and here oppinions from instructors. Examples and storys help me remember things and would be beneficial.

I agree that training with other ADA's in your company may be a great way to learn new techniques and brush up your skills.

Processing and handling paperwork seems to always be a project in the works. I would like to see a more efficient way of processing paperwork. Currently it seems to be a "learn as you go" issue. Also I believe that more interaction between the admissions reps and the instructors would be great. I would love to learn more terminology and more fun details about each program to use as highlights during the interview process.

This is so comprehensive that I cant imagine any improvements at this time.

Sitting in with more experienced reps has helped me. Also, getting a look at their binders and borrowing some organizational tips has been helpful.

We have regular staff meetings to discuss issues and concerns. These meetings help keep everyone on the same page.

Sharing "best practices" has always been a great training tool!

I completely agree! I love hearing from fellow ADA's about what works best for them. Sometimes it's great to just have a group discussion, kind of like this forum about everyday topics that we, ADA's encounter. Bouncing off ideas is not only a great way to bond with your teammates but it also gives you a fresh prospective.

I would like to see moe buddy jacking. That basically means to sit with a more experienced representative who is always in compliance and develop new ways to help the student through the enrollment process. This helps because it stretches out your horizions and gives you different ways to approach different things.

A training with a more detailed explanation on the Financial process, and Financial questions.

I think our schools have an amazing amount of training opportunities and ways to better your knowledge and rate of success.

I feel sitting in on an Admissions Interview is very benefical to a High School Representative. It allows us to know what the student will expect to happen once they get there. I allows us to prepare and comfort them better.

Amanda and Margaret,

Please share some of your "best practices" with the group.

I totally agree with Stacy! I learn new things each time I observe an interview.Have you ever listened in on a phone interview?

I would be very interested in meeting with our career services department in order to fully understand the process of what they do for our students. We have a very high success rate in helping students find employment opportunities. This stems from alumni relations as well as relations within different industries. I am curious as to the process our career services personal go through in order to help our students apply for and train for the interview process. I believe this would be vital information I could pass onto potential students.

In the past I have had the opportunity to meet with career services, other admissions personnel, instructors (even sit in on some classes), those working in academic affairs and students affairs. The one area that I would really like some more information on is financial aid. I know who these people are at my school and what their general process is, but I would love the opportunity to sit down and shadow them for a day.

Sign In to comment