Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I agree that it is important for an Admissions Advisor to have information about Financial Aid. As an advisor, you don't want to know too much financial information because it can pose as a conflict of interest.

I was interested in doing this at the school I work for. I would really like to get a better sense of what the students experience because I attended a very different educational institution for my schooling.

The training opportunities that I would like would be to have exposure to some of the courses that are offered in our institutions Program of Studies.

Duties of the Registrar's office in course scheduling and transferrability of Credits. This knowledge would be helpful as they directly impact student decision making regarding my institution.

There is always room for improvement in this area. Continuing education in this area is always a plus. There are so many different types of people and different methods of communicating to gain trust and respect. Additional training is always a asset.
Thanks

I tend to come across other reps that have a hard time reading prospective students and their tone. Many times tone from the rep is a deal breaker along with the info that has to come across but i feel that tone and voice inflection should be a training mechanism for reps.

It would be great to have refresher courses 3 times a year regarding the interview process.

1. Overcoming Objectives
2. Painting the Picture of "success."
3. Creating the urgency to get enrolled today.

I think with the ever changing information regarding Federal Financial Aid, this would be a great area of future training for reps/agents. I think you can never have enough knowledge about this topic, since it seems like most people don't completely understand all that financial aid lingo.

Continuous knowledge of all aspects of the college will contribute to the presentation of an admissions representative. Knowing about roles and contributions of campus director, director of education, registrar, program directors, academics, career services and financial aid will help me to feel like a well rounded and understanding rep. It helps the rep to understand the value of deadlines for each department and the value of the students that we are enrolling.

A class that specifically addressed issues related to online education would be both timely and relevant. I would be very interested in a course like that.

I would be interested in knowing more about the development and implementation of my school's marketing campaigns.

I would like to have the opportunity of sitting in on some of the classes that our students are taking. This would enable me to give a whole new dimension of what a student can expect when he/she is attending our school.

I would like to know about the upkeep of my license. Financial aid concerns me as well so more information in regards woulkd be great.

David,

I encourage you to ask your supervisor if this is possible. Share with them that you feel it will help you be a better agent.

Kimberly Stein

I would also be interested in a virtual course about virtual degrees.

As far as other training from different departments i really think some admissions reapresenative should get more training upon the student classrooms. One of the reasons i say that is because the students are so comfortable with talking w the admissions rep because of the first point to contact and they trust us i would be helpful to see how th student is doing so we can become better coaches as far as the classroom is concerned.

Not only sales techniques but rapport building would assist in finding the "why" in prospective student’s goals. Also speaking training, i.e. public speaking would be beneficial.

I would like to see appropriate rebuttals and objection trainings. This seems to be the number one topic that mist schools flake on when it comes to federal rules and guidelines.

What other areas of the recruiting/admissions process do you feel would be of interest to you as future training opportunities?

I would love to know more about our marketing plan and how it is applied on a daily basis so that we are setting ourselves up for successes on a daily basis.

More information on closing the admissions process would be great.

Sign In to comment