Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I would like to know more about what impacts the changes in the rules and what is the best way to keep on top of it.

Is there any way, if a student request, we can contact the school that they are interested in after attending ours to transfer credit?

Keeping up to date on marketing and the job market itself will help students in their choice of careers

I would love to have regular, mandatory seminars that included updated regulatory information and sales techniques.

I think it would be very beneficial to discover information about actual marketing techniques that are used to attract prospective students. That can help us with conversation topics during a phone or in-person interview.

Dawayne,

Yes, upon the student's request, you could certainly contact the school they are interested in transferring to, to see if you can help facilitate the transfer of credit.

Kimberly Stein

We need some leads. Can anyone tell me what is working well for them?

I do beleive this is critical. Having first hand knowledge of the courses you are advising makes a big difference. After having done this I felt much more confident in my ability to both accuratly describe the course, as well as help the individuals I am advising develop a much clearer picture.

The opportunity to be able to "be the student", be able to attend classes, labs and clinical; to see what the student is experiencing and be able to walk in their shoes. I think that would bring you down to earth in the students eyes!

I would also like to see more rules and regulations about what an Admissions Rep can say at an In-Home with a student who is enrolled.

As a future admissions rep, I would think that understanding what each of the departments in my school do and how they do it would help. Having a good understanding of each of these processes will make me a better rep. I think sitting in on classes to get both a feal for the subject and the instructors would be valuable.

Craig ,

The rules and regulations are the same, regardless of the setting.

Kimberly Stein

I would also agree on the rules and regulations. Throughout my training I have noticed I was taking notes or highlight parts of my training as a guide to refer back to for future purposes.

I believe an overview of the FAFSA and its impact on obtaining financial aid would be beneficial.

I would like to find out more about the licensure and certification that comes with the certain programs offered at the school I work for in admissions. I do know some on the licenses and certifications a student would need for a certain position in their work field, but knowing more about what is involved with those advancments would be helpful.

Mary,

I would encourage you to speak with faculty or other administrators in your school who may have specific information about the certifications.

John Ware

Other training opportunities, for me, would include working with how to partner with academics and employers to create a program advisory commitee to better align employers to the program we offer our students and for the employers to review our curicullum and offer insight on ways for our school to supplement what is being taught in the classroom with real industry working knowledge.

This is a training process for me but I would think I would like an overall view of learning and understanding the entire recruiting and admissions process; how do we recruit, where do we recruit; the marketing process; the rules and regulations and staying abreast of all the changes in the industry.

I am just in training, but I would like to know more about how Marketing targets are determined.

Knowing more info. on rules and regulations for Federal Financial Aid as applicable to the role of an Admissions Officer.

Sign In to comment