Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Explaining the difference between a community college and a career college

I agree that it would be nice to have more information on the financial aid spectrum of the enrollment process-things that are okay to say and not okay to say when covering it with our students.

I believe continued training is vital to the admissions career. It is the best practice to become knowledgable on all topics that you may discuss with a prospective student. This needs to be continued as things are alwasy changing.

Financial Aid is the one area that I would benefit from additional training. There are now so many different pieces in the financail processing that can affect a student.

I think going through, in greater details, all the programs offered at individual locations and how to better assess students who are unsure of which to choose.

Other areas of the recruiting/admissions process that would be of interest to me as future training opportunities are steps for trying to determine whether or not a prospective student is "right" for the program they wish to enroll and "unsuccess" stories - things that have been learned by Admissions Reps about students that were not as successful as once hoped.

I would love to be able to train new admissions support hirees.

What other local schools are doing

WIth agrowing number of people looking to possibly change carers or get back into school while juggling jobs or family life an online educational training course could be essential to people with transportation issues, social fears, or overwhelming schedules of daily life

I believe that the more information you have about the school you're representing, the more confident and competent you will be at assisting the student. That being said, Additional training on school locations, extracurricular activities, and even community service options are important in addition to the basic understanding of policies, tuition, accreditation and programs offered.

I have found that the majority of our leads come from our current students, and graduates that have told their friends about what a great school we are. I am interested in finding a way to maximize the least expensive and most affective way of recruiting, I wan to learn the best way to get referrals.

Matt Hammer

I agree with you. as a college grad having to know about my own financial aid options/ obligations, you often want to address certain fin aid questions during an interview. however, the line is specifically drawn, because admissions are the recruiters and discussing fin aid could result in misrepresentation.

Do you think these are beneficial to help us be good agents?

I would be interested in training that provided details regarding what jobs or careers are in high demand based on geographical location. I know that students are looking to be employed in their field immediately after graduation.

I belive periodic seminars would be helpful to refresh some of the training requirement learnt over time as well as share ideas with other admission rep.

Now that schools are moving more towards Hybrid learning I think a training class on that would be great!

I would be interested in information reguarding effectively overcoming objections.

Learning how to recruit potential students from high school could be a great opportunity for any college or university.

Having a class dedicated to online colleges would be beneficial. There is a lot of information in these modules that cover campus, but not much specifically dedicated to online training and compliance.

working with businesses/employers to develop take home materials and extras that would assist the graduate/student in researching opportunities available to them in the industries their training is pertinent to. If the graduate is educated on how to search for jobs they are qualified to perform by being told DIRECTLY from employers what they expect them to know and be able to perform it would benefit the employers and the students/graduates greatly. We are currently developing these types of employer relationships for the benefit of our graduates employment and the above stated materials. It is already starting to serve our bottom line on placement for our graduates! If a prospective student who is planning to take your schools programs for the purposes of getting a job knows that your program is connected with employers and gets results concerning employment, they are more apt to consider taking your programs just based on the facts!

I feel yearly training for agents would be a nice refresher and motivator.

Sign In to comment