Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Developing programs that will enhance students talents and skills which prepare them in their professions after school.

I believe that I would like to spend some time with the student finance department, career services department, office of student services, and the marketing department. I feel each department could offer relevant insight to their respective topics which could be extremely beneficial for those of us in admissions support. Further, I want to learn as much as I can about my institution as possible because I have much leadership experience and hope to advance quickly.

I would say creating a more streamlined process for getting enrolled. Less paperwork for example.

I think additional training on how we market to our students would be helpful. I am only in my second week, but we have not yet gone over this. Re-education is very important especially when it comes to Compliance, I can only imagine that things change often and that is why we have to recertify annually.

I think a virtual tour would be amazing, considering so many people are visual learners, including myself. It might also be more effective while learning to have bullet points, instead of paragraph formats

Just the detailed process of admissions would be a great tool.

Probably more training on the system would be great.

I would like to understand what constitutes as "the comparability of the scope, depth, and breadth" of the course being transferred.
I understand how the "applicability" of the previous course relates to accepting credits to the desired program.

I would like to see more training on what an admissions representative is and is not permitted to say regarding financial aid programs.

I think that keeping up on all the continuous changes of the polices and regulations would be greatly beneficial.

I would enjoy the opportunity to brush up on the in depth compliance issues facing for profit schools today.

I am new to this field and I will always be looking for future opportunites to learn more so that I may be able to perform my duties better and, to better asssit prospective students.

I totally agree.I have two degrees from two different types of schools and even attended a third but they all had a different focus and a different target group of students than where i am working now.Many of our students are truly adult learners.This is much different than a school appealing more to students only recently graduated from college.

Of course, learning more about Financial Aid is always a benefit. At the end of the day it's the cost of the school that generally weighs heaviest on the prospective sutdents mind. On the other hand, having training and learning about continuing education and licensing courses would be hugely beneficial as a "selling point" for those students that want to be more marketable when they begin job hunting, so having more information about those offerings to students would help.

I agree that is very important to be honest as possible about every espect of the school.

Being that referrals and PDLs is a great way to increase and generate business. I would like future training on best practices in this area.

I agree I would like to see the impact of the virtual classroom as it pertains to brick and mortar, as well as the advantages or disadvantages. I was also wondering if there were any hybrid types of classrooms currently in this format?

I would like opportunities that would help me be informative to interested students. Education is the key to success.

I think two additional subjects would be what, who are the accrediting bodies of the college.
And how many accrediting bodies are there. For example what is the body for MA or MBC?
And what, who is the over all accredting body for the college in general.

I agree with Hollie. I was able to sit in on classes and it has extremely helped me in speaking to students about what we offer.

Sign In to comment