Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Yes. They also provide a nice list of things "not to say." That's very helpful for new admission reps.

Yes, we always reference our catalog or student handbooks. We have lists of commonly asked questions that each advisor keeps in their Admission Binder. I am the new Director of Admissions at this campus, i am currently auditing the material that the advisors keep in this binder.

Absolutely! Not only does this make it more efficient to answer student questions, but we also have the correct response to stay compliant, as well.

Yes, there is a FAQ provided by the school. This is something that can be quite handy for someone new on the job. Even if they have worked in the field before there are unique factors to each school. Having these FAQ right on hand can ensure that the agent/admissions rep is providing clear accurate info to the prospective student in a timely manner.

During our first week of training we given a notebook filled with pages of FAQs. Looking through the book I thought "Will students actually ask these questions?" But, after talking to other reps and agents who have actually answered questions time and time again it seems as though I'll actually be answering these. And, reading through the FAQs and studying for the quiz we take on them has actually been a great wat for me to review the policies, procedures, and information specific to my school.

Yes, a large percentage of the time these questions are perceived as obstacles are nothing more than misinformation.

Yes. I have been tought what questions the students asked the mosted as well as ways to respond to their questions correctly.

Listening carefully to what the prospective student is saying is very important and then responding with a reflective question to understand and clarify the students question in order to answer clearly and honestly.

Yes, the school I represent issues a handbook full of resources upon hiring. It is required to go through the 'frequetly asked questions' section so that no misleading or false statements will be made to confuse the student inquiring. It took quite a while to get familiar will the wide array of statements but now it is like clockwork. This traning pretty much drove that point home.

Yes, my school has been very helpful with FAQs from students. They have some papers/slideshows already put together for training purposes regarding FAQs. I have found it very helpful!

We have a website that contains a plethora of information and a few pages of which are FAQ's. It seems this subject is so deep that it requires continuous study of present state, and on-going change. I feel that my institution does a good job at anticipating student questions and needs. But then again, I am new at this. I may have a different opinion in a few months.

Yes, The first day I started I recieved a list of FAQ and it was very helpful for me. I have also found that this traing is very user friendly to new reps

Not that I am aware of yet because I have not received all of my documents yet. As soon as I find out, I will let you know. Thanks.

Yes, during the admissions process it is important for prospective students to receive all the information that is required for admission into a program. With fAQ's prospective students have an opportunity to study information they may not have thought of rigth away.

We have had extensive training and role playing with our Admissions Trainer and it has been so helpful when we went live with our phones and students. This training,which was recently started this May, has been expedentially beneficial to our success.

Yes, there are some FAQ answers provided. We also have Admissions Do's and Don'ts to help guide the Admissions Reps.

I have only sat in on interview sessions, but my school does provide FAQ's for easy reference during the process. This is very helpful and time consuming.

In the short week I have been here, I have yet to speak to a prospective student directly. However, I have received some great information during role plays that will be very effective in answering FAQs. My DOA and co-workers have been very supportive, and informative.

Yes !We have a FAQ pamphlet that we can give to the prospective student at any time.

Yes. We have a training manual with outline question/answers. We also continue training throughout each year. Finally everything is usually in the college catalog.

Sign In to comment