Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Are you still giving out hard-bound catalogs or will a web based catalog suffice for enrollment?

We have web based catalogs, but hard bound is available upon request

My school is switching to web based catologs. This information is given to students during the enrollment proecess and gone over on the enrollment agreement.

We have a detailed FAQ packet that is updated regularly and helps us to study for our yearly testing.

Our school also has an extensive, "student friendly" website to answer questions as well as out great catalog.

Does your website show cost? if not. Why?

Thomas:

Tuition and fees are required to be disclosed in the school catalog and on the enrollment agreement. If those items are accessible on a school's website, a student can find the information within those documents. Since tuition and fees can vary by program and/or depend on the number of credit hours attempted, it is often difficult to publish a clear set price.

Michael: This catalog policy "hard copy available upon request" is becoming more common. It is important to remember that the school should keep archived electronic versions of their prior catalogs every time a revision is made since it may be necessary to determine what policy was in effect during previous academic terms.

ours does too. as a prior rep this really helps us to feel better about what we say. I know that we are educated on the dos and donts

Our website and student catalog also provides information about the shcool and the admission requirements. We provide this information upfront.

Recently our Dean provided us with a FAQ and reply sheet that has helped to cut down on confusion between the admissions department and the education department. I think we will institute a quarterly FAQ sheet for our campus.

Yes, not only does our school provide FAQ's from student's during the Admissions process but we often discuss these questions to makes sure that these questions are being answered correctly. If Admissions Officers don't often discuss these questions than I have found that there is too much room for error.

Yes, not only does our school provide a "FAQ's", but will also provide additional opportunities/resources to engage with potential students and answer questions, such as through our Virtual Open House sessions.

William:

This is a good suggestion. Frequent discussions between admissions and other departments, especially education and financial aid, really help ensure that all persons are giving consistent and accurate information to students.

Yes, during training our school does provide us with frequently asked questions that students may ask. From time to time the list gets updated because those frequently asked questions do change a bit as time progresses.

I have found that we have been using FAQ sheets to "can" or consistently deliver teh same precise message. It is so important that we provide accurate information and stay within the bounds of the regulations around financial aid.

We have a detailed FAQ packet as well as a section on the website

Yes. We have a list of frequently asked Q&A by our students that we refer to often. Our admissions team also put together another list of Overcoming Objections on the phone & during interviews. We also have a list put together of frequently asked questions for our phone guide- to provide them with adaquate answers without giving up more information than needed.

Does your school provide you with answers to "frequently asked questions" that prospective students often ask during the admissions process?

Yes they do and we are tested on it.

Sign In to comment