Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A good manager must have, in addition to knowledge and authority, excellent human relationships, to persuade his team and generate in the team attitudes conducive to their performance.

Being a good example by leading by example. Also addressing negativity and situations in real-time is important

There are distinct differences between being a manager and being a leader

Managers are important to get the leaders dream in motion. Also leaders tend to be more influentual where as managers are strictly business.

Not everyone can be a leader, it takes patience, knowledge and unbiased opinions

Understanding management and leadership skills. There is a difference between the two!

The best way to get people to perform and achieve goals is to make sure they are bought into the plan. I always forget how long it takes to take a team all the way through the vision and into operations and systems building. 

Myths about Managers, the seniority should not be a criteria to be appointed as a manager, understand definition of managemnt. 

Managers should have good pursuation people skills. Holding the line or being unbaised. Understanding your team and their limitations but also helping to get to the next level.

While several individuals may think they have what it takes to be a good manager, statistics demonstrate that not everyone possesses the skills that are required to be the leader of a team. A team can only be as good as its leader is, and if you, as the leader, are failing, what authority do you have to demand a better performance from them? This is why you must lead by example. That's how you gain the respect from your team. This is what I do on a daily basis: I show empathy, I treat others with respect, I carry out my duties to the best of my abilities, I have a good line of communication, etc. 

Sign In to comment