Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A good manager is able to translate the organizations goals into reality. 

Effective leaders do not come pre-wired with all the knowledge to perform their job to the best of their ability. 

I will clearly understand what the goals are and facilitate a better understanding of them to my team.

Managers and leaders are important in organizations; however, research shows that these roles are hard to fill and have individuals that bring the right knowledge, skills, and behaviors. 

Sometimes top performer are not qualified for management .

As a manager you need to give your people the room to "do their thing" let them win, and reward them when they win. 

Managers often are viewed in a negative light, however, good managers are needed for companies to succeed. Key differences between management and leadership are often not understood and myths abound. 

It is important to be a good role model.

Leading is sometimes doing the right thing even though the business/organization will not like you for it... 

Hello Everyone

Management is a profile anyone can get into it, it will take time and practice develop all the necessary skills to perform efficient and correct and it will be important for any organization to have good managers to deal with regular issues when interacting with coworkers. 

Hello Everyone

Management is very important for any organization; however, recent studies have shown than Leadership is crucial for the organization now days. 

Managers are important in the performace of a company. They have the power of persuation and collaborate with the team to complete the objectives. 

I have learned that a good manager will have good people skills, and the ability to collaborate with others and encourage others. 

Good managers are also good leaders. In addition to organizing and troubleshooting, they motivate and create a workspace that employees care about. 

I have learned that good leadership involves more than just skills/experience. One must lead their team members through motivation, problem solving, and innovation.

Managers are important to the smooth transition of the day to day processes within the business. Leadership is an essential part of a successful business therefore a blend of management/leadership is demonstrated on many levels.

"the reality is that the skills that lead to success as an individual performer are quite different from those needed to manage"

I am currently trying to navigate this as someone who has been "promoted" to leading a team of people. 

My strengths as a "doer" and "achiever" are not nearly as valuable in a management role. 

Thus far, I see the "Manager" being defined and shaped as the facilitator or coordinator (overseer) of business activities; and the leader being the 'examples' or 'ambassadors' of assigned activities, tasks or business activities. I think that I am going to like and revisit this section. 

Good managers can be good leaders and vice versa. However, it is important to identify the necessary traits of both in order to properly staff accordingly. 

Being a successful manager requires more than just a title. It’s about inspiring and guiding your team, fostering collaboration, and prioritizing their growth and success. Effective managers lead by example, cultivate trust, and create an environment where everyone thrives.

Sign In to comment