Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

It can be both. For me, Stress is a motivator to get the project done. However, too much stress makes it hard for me to focus. I need to vent and/or find a way to relax and regroup so i can think clearly to complete the project.

It can be both a motivator or distractor. It depends on how you handle it. I ALWAYS ask one question, "Will worrying fix it...NO! So, I ask myself, "Can I fix it?" If I can, I put my energy towards finding solutions or minimizers. If I can't, I move on to something I can control.

Regognizing your strengths and weaknesses will help to resolve some of the stress you might have had if you didn't understand yourslelf. We some times attack issues we don't understand and need help. This will cause definite stress.

It depends on many factors. First on the person itself; how does she/he deal with the stress and the power to change the stressors to challenges. Using many tips in this course could really help to aquire this desired power.

Stres is something can control if we have the knowledge that causes stress. Using the tips to avoid stress keeps us on a healthy pattern of living.

Stress that is managed can be used to motivate and accomplish the task. If stress is not managed it can distract from the task and become counter productive.

Robert,
As we know there is good stress and bad. Bad stress needs to be recognized and controlled with your balance in life. Physical exercise, mental activity and spiritual engagment. We tend to do some of these but not all at times. I wish you luck!

I agree, I feel stressis a motivator to a certain point. I usually take new challenges by sharing with a collegue to help me see more clear after I am able to re-focus.

It is always a good practice to share ideas with a trusted colleague. Bouncing off others will only convince you of your direction or make you rethink.

I fell that some times it motivates me because I like a chalenge even thought it is stressful. I am a problem solver and need to come up with the answer.

It sounds like you are an agent of change. This type of stress will motivate you. The only stress that would effect you would be boredom.

Stress can be a motivator personally if the stressor can correlate with an outcome desired. If my student has emotional concerns and escalates, but refocuses my personal stress level will motivate me to continue my activity in a careful but safe manner.

Stress can be positive or negative. Positive stress is often a motivator with a positive outcome. Negative stress is the emotion because of a negative outcome.

I agree with your statement .This is true and
a good formula to consider.

The trick to handling stress is the balance in your life. Exercise, positive mental activity and spiritual engagement is the steps to take.

I have always tended to view stress as negative and motivation as positive. Something may motivate me but if I feel what I would define as stress, its de-motivating. Maybe it's just about reframing the way I think. For me, I feel what I define as stress when I don't feel like I have the ability to make something happen...

Stress can be a motivator and distracter, depending on the level of stress. High levels of stress can definitely distract any individual to the resposibility at hand whether that be completing a project accurately and timely. Low levels of stress can boost adrenaline allowing an individual to stay focused on the same project but allowing them to clearly complete the project.

There is good stress and bad stress. Your are correct to identify stress that can motivate you. Stress can be good when you have the knowledge to overcome the challenge.

I feel that it is both but can be to much of a good thing. I myself find it very difficult to work without stress. I tend to get bored and then want a new career. I tend to work well with deadlines. I do know the down side of this though! To much stress can ruin your health and life!

There is good stress and bad. The stress that invigorates us in a good way motivates and challenges. Stress that causes depreciation and emotional backlash can be harmful. Knowing techniques to combat bad stress is the key.

Sign In to comment