Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

A good leader needs to be able to build and lead teams using the important principles taught in this course.  I have learned different methods for team collaboration and management which I will use in future team meetings.

I have learned so much about being a better team member and how i can be more productive.

I have been reminded to emphasize the unique roles and responsibilities of each member as well tofocus our team discussions on problem solving.

Building trust is essential for teams to be effective and keeping your word will go a long way.

Teamwork and collaboration are a must in teams in a workplace, communicating frequently with openness and honesty for both negative and positive, for example what works and what does not.

Comment on Anita Mork's post

And a good leader must emotional intelligence as well.

I have learned when working with diverse members of a team , you should set objectives that cover the whole of the project and make plans for bumps in the road.

Comment on Sandy Lane's post: I agree Sandy leading a team isnt easy and if one takes on that role they must have conflict managment skills

Comment on Angelia Williams's post: Yes, that is what I received fron this  lesson as well

This course of Team Management provided an insight on how to effectively manage a team, share and exchange collective ideas and promote team productivity. 

Team Management always presents challenges that need to be addressed in a positive manner. This first section has been very helpful in ways to approach these challenges.  

Team management is an opportunity to handle different situations to improve productivity and get to know human nature to shape ideas, learning how to deal with Human Resources towards a common goal.

Keeping a team focused on an agenda and motivated is key to success. 

I will keep the meeting on time with clear communication and goals. I will communicate the value of each member and the diversity of the team.

I learned the basics of team management and how to deal with obstacles.

As a new member I have learned that groupthink is something that can be influenced by different factors, such as a cohesive team culture, a strong and directive leadership style, time constraints, high stress levels, and a lack of diversity in perspectives. 

Gained so much information on how to motivate and support my team. I cant wait to put this all into action! 

I have definitely learned some valuable information about managing teams. I will certainly be applying some of these skills to form more cohesive teams in the future.

Rehearse these good pointers to improve and grow my team.

It is so important to remember that encouraging teams as a whole, in addition to individual employees is critical. Leaders must be able and willing to assess and reassess the team culture frequently and then respond accordingly in leadership.

Sign In to comment