Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Su,

Great list. I'm glad you brought up the point about the target audience. We have to think about who we are teaching for sure.

Catina,

Right on target. Thanks for adding your input in this forum.

Keep it up!

Omari,

The visual appeal does play a part in the online course. Thanks for bringing that up. The LMS has so many features that it takes time to analyze what all you need to use. Thanks!

Carlos,

Bringing your experience and real-world examples to the online classroom will certainly enhance students learning. Nice job.

I feel one should consider you student population and the course content and how will the students recieve the content as it relates to the learning objectives

Nanette,

Definitely. We are all different, students and instructors, and we have to learn more about each other to work effectively.

I believe the three most important things all relate back to the student.

1. What do i want the student to learn from the course.

2. How do I want the student to learn from this course.

3. Will this course be understandable from all different learning styles.

Matthew,

Good list and remember to tie everything to the course learning outcomes. Nice job.

When authoring an online course, I believe that you must consider:

1) your background of the students
2) Your course work
3) what do you want the students to learn

I agree with you. Students must know program outcome even before enrolling them into program. All enrolled students must know in advance program expectations, how hard they need to work in enrolled program.
Instructors must use the same templates in all modules if possible to avoid confusion among students.
The contents of the paragraph/ templates and video should not be too lengthy in order to avoid slow learning process among students.

Pam,

Good list. And, all of these can be tied back to the learning outcomes. Thanks for your input.

ATUL,

Exactly. The more proactive we can be in our communication the better. Thanks for your input.

The first thing that would be important is to know what the learning objectives are for the course. Also knowing the students such as their current knowledge base is needed to know hoe to develop the course. Developing a framework that encompasses all of these points then will drive the map or plan of the course module.

The course objective or learning outcomes are the key to developing a course. It would do no good to develop a course for example that will result n a student being able to cook a cake if you wanted them to be able to build a house. Once we know what they need to be able to do we can break it down into incremental parts from the beginning point to the end result. But we also need to know where the student is beginning from and have various mediums to teach the details of the topic.

Exactly, we don't want to test the student's ability to use the learning system but rather the material needed to reach the learning outcomes.

Content, objectives, and student population

William,

Yes, everything should resolve around the learning outcomes. Nice job.

William,

Right on! I just put almost this exact working in another post. Thanks for your input.

William,

Well said. The systems should be easy to use. Without an easy to use system, the students won't use it and then they will not (more than likely) be able to reach the learning outcomes.

Karen ,

Short, concise list - but right on target. Thanks for your input.

Sign In to comment