Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The three most important things to consider are

1. The audience - what is their background, what do they already know?

2. Learning objectives - what should the students know and be able to do once they complete the course

3. What sources of data to use for the content.

Kurt,

It's good to have experience. I like that you ask the three important things as questions. It gives us all food for thought.

Thanks!

Emma,

Right on. We have to know our audience to be able to provide content in an effective way. You bring up some very good points. Thanks!

I consider the topics I want to convey to my students, the knowledge level of my students and the technique or format I will use to convey this information.

First, I should create the course framework and its components, module template, course module and learning objects database. Second, I should keep in my mind the following question: What should students learn and do? Finally, I should test and revise; module template, course module and learning objects database as necessary because this process is ongoing one.

First, I think it's important to know what knowledge and understanding I want I want the students to walk away with.

Second, I need to know what points and examples I need to make in order to get my idea across.

Third, I need to find a way to combine the two in a way that keeps them focused, interested and is more fulfilling than just reading from the text.

Hello,

The three most important things to consider when authoring my online course are the following:

1. The audience: What do I want my students to know and do?

2. The content: How will the content be delivered in the course?

3. The Platform: How will students receive the content?

These are the three items to always consider in order to create a course that is easy to navigate for the students and assist them to succeed.

Warm Regards,
Annabel

I think it is most important to have the following topics met:

1. organization and ease of maneuvering through the course
2. appealing to the eye and draws students in
3. create an environment that is engaging

Eryn

Linda,

Right on. What do your students need to know and how do you deliver the content are very important concepts. Thanks.

Eman,

Very good. You bring up very good points in your post. Thanks for this "food for thought."

James,

Yes, the combination is the key. The audience analysis is very important. This does enhance the students' focus and enhance the learning process.

Thanks.

Annabel,

Excellent. The audience, content and platform. These a excellent components to discuss. Thanks for your input.

Eryn,

Setting the environment is essential. Students must understand the expectations and have an environment in which they can meet the learning outcomes. Thanks for your input.

1- We need to have workable platform
2- Consistent work learning objects
3- Core learning principles in a consistent modules.

Mahmoud,

Yes, without a platform that works and enhances the learning process, the modules wil probably lack consistency. You bring up a good point. Thanks.

When developing an online course, I believe you should consider the following factors:
1. Your Audience/Students - what is their knowledge base of subject content

2. Learning objectives - what information will be conveyed and what outcome you're hoping to achieve.

3. Structure and delivery - how will course be structured to achieve learning outcomes and what's the best mode of delivery.

Mischel,

Definitely. The students come first and we also need to set high expectations and learning outcomes and communicate them clearly. Thanks for your input.

I have not had the opportunity to author an online course yet, but from what I've learned so far, 3 things stand out:

1) Students' knowledge
2) Course objectives
3) Format

I think it's important to understand what the students already know, along with what you want them to know by the end of the course. On top of that, a consistent format that works for different learning styles is key to delivering the content to the online learner.

Justine,

Nice job. Thanks for your input. You bring up some very good points. If/when you do author an online course, you'll have a good start with these ideas. Thanks again.

1. What is the content of the course and what do students want to learn.

2. What is the experience and previous knowledge of the students taking this course.

3. What is the best way to bring the course material or knowledge to the students.

I believe these three things are important to consider.

Heather

Sign In to comment