Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Variations of Evaluations

In looking at the different types of evaluation, which do you think would provide you with the most comprehensive feedback that would allow you to close the loop?

At this time, I think it would be beneficial to have a much more experienced peer interview me and review my methods from a third party perspective.

Robert,

the peer review can bring a different perspective to the evaluation process. They see things from a different perspective for sure than the students. Thanks!

More detailed student interviews/evaluations. They are the ones who fully experience the course, so the more info from them, the better.

Sarah,

Yes, the more information, the better. It's good to formatively and summatively assess the students as you proceed through the course. Thanks!

In looking at the different types of evaluation, which do you think would provide you with the most comprehensive feedback that would allow you to close the loop? The following are different types of evaluations that will allow me to close the loop: 1) student evaluation, 2) peer/professional evaluation, 3) committee of experts, and 4) self- evaluation.

I believe that formative and summative feedback from students is important in allowing me to close the loop; however, I think that this is only one perspective. But using the above four evaluations would provide me with multi-perspectives that would help me close the loop properly.

Augustine,

We do need a variety of feedback methods so we can learn from everyone. Just like our students, we learn from our peers.

Keep working to close that loop. Thanks for your input.

I think peer reviews would benefit me most since I am relatively new to teaching. I would like to hear their recommendations based on my performance.

Matthew,

We learn so much from each other. I think it's the same with students. I use peer evalutions with them as well.

Thanks!

I always value the participant feedback primarily since they have an honest evaluation of the content and and its value. I believe peer review of my feedback with students would be a valuable tool in the improvement in my delivery of the content.

Hello!

Using different type of evaluations is a wonderful way to assess a course. I believe that the most valuable information is from the pretest and posttest evaluation. This evaluation answers the following questions:

Is the material working for the majority of the students?

Are the majority of the students gaining the knowledge needed to continue to the next set of courses?

Then based off of this information an instructor will be able to know if a revision needs to take place. However, this should not be the only form of evaluation.

Warm Regards,
Annabel

Tim,

It's good to have a variety of feedback from students and your peers. It helps in the course revision process. Thanks for your input.

Annabel,

Using a variety of evaluations provides you with great feedback. This feedback helps in the course revision process

I agree that all 4 types of evaluation are important, especially for the instructor that has been doing it for years. Also students are not always as objective as we would like them to be.

Evaluating all the various components is the only way to truly comprehend the value of the course.

Jennifer,

A variety of evaluations are essential. Thanks for your input.

Linda,

True. We have to look at the parts to see that the whole is good. Thanks for your input.

I think portfolios give you a great idea of what the student thinks is important. I also like question tools. This allows me to see if they are retaining any of the information I'm giving them. last of course would be their course grades.

Kelly,

I agree. You can see the growth in their work. Build a good rubric to help you grade them more easily.

Thanks.

These are great types of evaluations to close the loop. I really like what you said about the multi-perspectives. Multiple perspectives are essential for closing the loop effectively. You need to cover as many bases as possible.

Sign In to comment