Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

James and Donna,

I looks like the two of you have many of the same perspectives. Thanks for your input.

Nancy,

"Real" feedback is the key. And, I don't always look at the student feedback as complaints, but as constructive criticism. Thanks!

I don't think it's one particular thing but a multitude of different processes. Evaluation is an important part of making sure you have a quality course evaluation in place. You also have to make sure that it meets with the institutional goals of the university and has met the benchmark of the educational landscape presented before your peers. Also before writing it off as perfect make sure that it is aligned with the program goals.

I would have to say that student feedback and peer feedback are important as they are the one most effected by the information and course. Then to make sure the course stays on target you would also include the industry feedback as they are the ones that are using the information on a daily basis.

Eyad,

I enjoy a variety of evaluations as well. We have to make sure we are meeting the needs of the students, the course and the institution. Thanks!

Kevin,

We take feedback however we can get it. ;-) Variety is good and it provides us with different perspectives. Then, we can make appropriate edits to our courses. Thanks!

I find that feedback from both the students and the institution allows me to better evaluate my courses and close the loop.

Terry,

I too like to get feedback/input from various sources. To me - the more the merrier. ;-)

I think that a combination of feedback from student and administrative evaluations along with industry and peer input would provide a comprehensive basis to help close the loop.

Amy,

I like getting a variety of feedback from different people so that I can get a different perspectives. Thanks!

Self evaluation of course.

Heather,

Your self-evaluation or the self-evaluation from a students' point of view?

In looking at the different types of evaluations, I think student surveys and self evaluation along with peer review work well to close the loop.

Ricardo,

This would give you a variety of perspectives and a lot to various feedback. Thanks for your input.

Student evaluations help me the most in higher level courses, and administrative helps me most in the lower level courses. Students in the later courses seem to be much more interested in providing workable feedback than the lower level class students do.

Michael,

Interesting experience. Maybe the higher level students have had other classes with you (perhaps?) and feel more comfortable giving you feedback?

I truly believe that a variety of tools must be used in order to try and close the loop. Student and peer evaluations of courses, grades and a comparison to the design standards of the course are just a few of the tools that may be used.

Daniel,

I like variety too. It gives us a broad perspective instead of just a narrow look into the course. Thanks for your input.

I think student evaluations will give you the most comprehensive feedback as long as it is understood that some students may not be to happy with their grade. This might cause them to have a more negative view on the evaluation. Also, using test is another method that would be of benefit to see how the learner is understanding the materials.

Amanda,

Student evaluations can give us a wealth of information. I like to also get a peer to review my course for a different perspective. Thanks!

Sign In to comment