Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I'm not sure what you mean, Jessie. Can you be more specific about the kind of redirection to which you're referring?

New technology within blended/online classes has made the content non-linear. Navigation in blended/online classes is more challenging for students who are new technology. Traditional course are more linear in nature then online courses. On the other hand, one of the advantages to having a non-linear format is more customization of content by the student. He/she decides which content to review first. Some students make like this freedom while less technologically students might feel overwhelmed or frustrated. That is why it is important for faulty to respond to students emails within 24 hours, so students’ questions are answered when they become confused.

Great points about timely feedback from instructors, Salena. It is also important for instructors to follow each student's learning path through the content and guide the use of resources. How else can instructors help students who feel overwhelmed by the technology?

Students today are tech savvy. New technology and the asynchronous environment gives the instructor the ability to send instructional content to students at any given time. The ability/access to be wirelessly connected at any place, any time can be a point of great satisfaction for the student. The use of blended course content allows for the various learner styles.

I have mixed emotions about this area. Sometimes I get the feeling that students view power point and computer access like it is an old television re-run, half-heartedly paying attention. Generally, it insures the accuracy of the information being given.

Yes, Paul, the technology itself doesn't impress students :) Teachers still must design the instruction effectively and use the technology wisely.

When a student is not sure about the material that is being covered the content needs to be redirected in a different direction to cover the material so that everybody is getting the information!

I think the biggest thing the students today ejoy is the convenice and the mobility of training today.

Yes, good points, Brandon. These characteristics had also changed communication and networking for ever. How do these characterisitcis offer new potential to the instructional environments?

Yes, Jessie, and the student can be immediately involved in both the redirection and resolution. This creates a dynamic learning environment.

The new technology is going to catch the students attenion because of the flashy content. the technology is making it easier for the student and the instructor to deliever very understandable techniques.

I think new technology Affect will be good this is what the new age student like to work with.but in our field we cannot miss there is still a need for normal training in normal book format.

The big part is this is going to make it so much easier.

What do you mean by "normal" here, Howard? Are your referring to delivery or design of instruction?

To what are you referring, Brandon? Do you mean the instruction will be easier, or the learning?

its going to be easier for student and instructor

What specifically will be made easier, Brandon? ...for students, instructors, design of instruction?...

You can say it any better than how you have said it,but you have to try many different ways and find the best way for your class.

Allen, are your referring to the teaching method or learning process here?

I agree regarding group presntations and project use of the internet is effective.

Sign In to comment