Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I think the hand gestures and scenario cards are excellent ideas. I also like the idea of asking what things they saw both the positive and negative. 

Great tips for the clinical setting.

I like the "dot" method. 

this course was really useful

Good course with a lot of positive ideas to get students to collaborate with each other and increase critical thinking skills.  I love the idea of using event cards.

There are just so many good ideas for this, I feel like I want to keep this course on "bookmark"  The hand signals and dots would be especially helpful

I love some of these ideas like i nclinical the 3 dots perfect!!

Love the idea of using dots and hand gestures to help students stay on track!

This section had quite a few ideas. I especially liked the Event cards. This is a good tool that will keep the students on their toes.

Comment on Kathleen Watts's post: I too like the practice of nonverbal communication, it is so important not to worry the patient or increase the stress a student feels. I also like the event cards and other activities mentioned. Very helpful! 

Patient Bingo and Event Cards are wonderful tools as a teaching method in a clinical setting.

I will be utilizing the dots during clinicals, it will help the students and instructors meeting their goals.

I like how this module gave examples of ways to reinforce or assess learning through the critical thinking cards, dots on watches, bingo cards for shy learners. I plan to use these when I begin clinicals. I think it is a great way for me, as a new instructor, to incorporate these methods throughout the day as I begin to learn the process of teaching a student through the clinical experience. They will help in a time when it is slow or I am unaware of how to assess a student's capabilites. 

I really like all the ideas for clinicals such as the bingo card and the dots to assess their progress.

I really like the dots, I am going to try that one!!!

Sign In to comment