Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

The Value of Tablets | Origin: ED127

This is a general discussion forum for the following learning topic:

Tablets as Teaching Tools --> The Value of Tablets

Post what you've learned about this topic and how you intend to apply it. Feel free to post questions and comments too.

I really like what was said about students and how they take notes. "Note making instead of note taking" is a great way that shows how today's learners can use today's technology (apps) to make this more meaningful for them. 

I'm a big believer on taking notes there's nothing better for you to remember stuff like taking notes it absorbs more into your brain I think

The use of tablets as a means of teaching is a valuable tool added to those we already use. Technology is not new to our students, they just need to use it in a different way and need to also learn how to make it useful in their studies.

Adult student level of computer knowledge varies

Tablets are incredibly useful for graphic designers and artists who can use them to draw sketches. 

Tablets have the availability to turn something from bland to extriodinary, like instead of creating a presentation, students can create their own video of the information.

Many students have problems with organization when it comes to papers, projects, and class notes.  Tablets let students put everything in one place where it is ready to be retrieved as needed. I intend to apply this by using Microsoft OneNote software because it is very useful when working with a tablet. 

Tablets may help some students who struggle with organizational skills by utilizing apps such as one-note or Evernote to organize notes, assignments, presentations, etc. more appropriatly

Tablets are very useful in a classroom setting especially when it comes to taking notes. Tablets can also help with orginization for those who have a problem organizing. 

Love the reasons for using tablets for note-making and feedback.  This approach will lead to students having a clearer understanding of the content, especially when feedback is provided in real time and based on the student's learning style needs.

Most students are electronic literate, so they prefer using them.

While younger students may be more adaptive to technology they still need to be guided to the value and training technology can bring. 

Younger students view their phones and tablets as extensions of themselves, not learning tools.

I feel this is the best tool for taking and organizing notes

the last comment really hit home, "note making." this is an excellent way to engage and empower students to use their tablet to improve their learning. I could have them submit their note making as an assignment. this can allow me to identify individuals lack of knowledge on the content!

Tablets can help with note taking, access to resources and information. 

Sign In to comment