Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Here is a link to voicethread and my presentation on the flipped classroom. If you want to leave a comment. Simply click on the + plus sign in the bottom of the screen while watching and you can leave a video, voice or text message and I'll answer. If the link does not copy correctly let me know and I'll email direct.

This is the message my students get when I share with them.

Flipped Classroom (12 pages)

Click the link above to view and participate in the VoiceThread. Making comments is really simple and you can delete and re-record as many times as you like.

If you are viewing this on iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch and you have the VoiceThread app installed, tap here to view this VoiceThread on your device.

Sent from my iPad Chris Williams

Christopher,

Flipped classrooms are being more common. I frees up more class time for hands-on work. As a student you learn by doing, seeing and asking questions as they learn. With technology in the classroom this will become more of the norm in my opinion.

Antoine Lewis

Christopher,

Thanks for sharing this information Mr. Williams

Antoine Lewis

The courses I teach are technology based - creating digital art and image manipulation. My classes incorporate hands-on demonstration on the computer with screen projector for students' observation. Using power point, video and internet for presentations, reviews and references. Students use digital files for class project submission, presentation and portfolio.

Chris,

Thanks for sharing Chris as the technology used in the class seems to benefit the students in various ways. Help them learn the material and see how the classroom technology benefits them to learn the subject matter taught.

Antoine Lewis

We currently use the following:
IPADS
Laptops
Projectors DLP
PowerPoint
LMS
Apps and software
Apple TV

We enhance the students learning with these technologies by offering 24 hour availability of the curriculm, ample opportunities to practice learned skills.

Jeff,

Great use of technology as teachers more and more really like the ability to using iPads and showing material on projector screen. Projecting is great for demonstrations, simulations, explanations, and showing examples. There are several ways this can be done in the classroom. Many of the student know how to use the technology but not for academic purposes.

Antoine Lewis

I utilize quite a few video teleconferences (VTCs) in my classroom. My guest speakers are geographically separated from my institution or are often unable to travel due to various constraints. I find that as long as I prepare the students ahead of time with questions to reflect on/ask, the session goes well. I had a recent experience where the presenter turned the tables and called out a specific student to address a hypothetical situation. The resulting engagement between the class and the instructor was the best I had seen in my five years conducting the course.

Laura,

Using a teleconference and having a professional in the field they will be pursing come into class can be valuable and preparing questions to streamline and session is great. These often gets discussion going and keep the class interesting.

Antoine Lewis

I am a training manager, as part of our instructor training I incorporate, power point's that follow along with curriculum, as well as web based training, in house LMS soft skill training courses as well as CEE.

I use an Excel gradesheet program that I developed to provide feed back to my students on their work in class. I use an overhead projector to display video and powerpoint presentation. I also use Microsoft Word in some interesting ways to save tests. I have found that most grading programs are not sufficiently complex to deal with many of the demands of appropriate grading and assessment systems, so I have been developing my own for several years now. It is going slowly, LOL.

David,

Good to see that you incorporate soft skills as they are a very important and good to add to a persons repertoire when getting a job.

Antoine Lewis

Dale,

Having a system to give quality feedback is important especially when dealing with online students. Build a rubric/standards foe each task in class help the student just as must as the instructor. They know the expectations of each task and faculty and better provide quality feedback in a timely manner.

Antoine Lewis

Power Point is very useful it allows our students to learn visually.

Beverly,

PowerPoint is the most commonly used visual aid. Used wisely it can be great for presentation. Keep in mind other classroom technology you can use is projectors white boards, and video.

Antoine Lewis

we use pc's with ecu tuning software to train the students how to tune engines for a number of bolt on items as performance features. There are 3 different programs and the students are exposed to all 3. During this process the changes are basically the same but manipulation of the programs are different. This show the student different approaches to the same task.

We use powerpoints and we also use digital xray system where the image comes in seconds on the monitor screen where as before it would take about 5-7 minutes to go through harsh chemical processing in a dark room.We also will be using ebooks and having mini ipads instead of handing out books. So we are excited!

Robert,

For the subject matter you teach ecu tuning software is a great classroom technology. It is my understanding that the software provides a reliable and clean recalibration of a vehicle's standard engine management system. It really helps the student if it supports many older and modern vehicles.

Antoine Lewis

Hossai,

For the subject matter you teach digital x-ray system is a great classroom technology. It is indeed exciting that the institution provides eBooks and iPads. With this digital x-ray system it will be better time efficiency through bypassing chemical processing as less radiation is always better.

Antoine Lewis

I encourage students to bring their own tech to class, and even to use their cell phones/laptops to look things up in class. They are going to use them anyway, might as well make them educational.

Sign In to comment