Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

I am currently using a diverse mix of technologies including presentations, online testing, simulations, and web based content delivery and find the students very open to learning in this type of environment.

Chris,

Good to know that you are using word press along with your institution course/learning management system (portal). It is a great alternative to having an attractive online learning platform if you have good content to share.

Antoine Lewis

Lee,

I hope your diverse mix of technology as it relates to teaching methods. This can be helpful as students often have different learning styles and keeping students engaged is important.

Antoine Lewis

Our school has a student portal system and a CMS. In each course, my students have some type of research assignment and two of their quizzes are online. The CMS program has really increased communication, and the gradebook is student friendly, as they can know exactly where they stand in each class on a daily basis.

Chris,

Student portals have become very popular for student as they can review grades, scheduling and etc. You stated that the portal increased communication. Does it allow for instructor feedback?

Antoine Lewis

I currently use both powerpoint and hands on learning tools in my classroom.We also use student workbooks to go along with the powerpoint.

William,

It is good to know that you are delivering course material in a simple way but yet still giving student various teaching methods as students learning differently. Technology today allows use several delivery methods for instruction as a student might learn best from hands on learning, reading or visual aid.

Antoine Lewis

I am a Dental Hygiene instructor. Depending on the course, I use a variety of instructional deliveries for my lectures. Of course the Power Point is a basic standard for a mass amount of material, however, I also use DVD's. The students are required to present case studies of thier patients. They may also use digital radiographs.
Kim Clark

Kimberlee,

In regards to dental hygiene classroom technology is very important. Today classroom technology at many institutions allow for simulations of administering local anesthesia for example. Kimberlee good luck with your courses as I feel case studies is a great teaching tool for the field you are preparing those students for.

Antoine Lewis

We are using powerpoint and also a computer based technology for tuning of our motorcycles.There is also many internet sourses for types of tuning tools and diagnotic tips.Through the manufacturer we also have a way to link to the motorcyles and do diagnotics and rewrite the ecms or main brain of the bike.

Michael,

PowerPoint is often a favorite tool for many faculty because you can provide pictures, text and now audio. The technology provided by the manufacturer seems to one that pays off by providing real world experience and real-time feedback. Good luck in your teaching!

Antoine Lewis

I use both powerpoint, handout and projector in my classroom.We also included lab excecises in the student textbooks to compliment powerpoint slide presentation.

Anthony,

PowerPoint is often a popular tool for all faculty members. You can provide visual aid, text and even audio. Lab exercises are also effective and even better are completing exercises from simulation that can be done. Good job using various teaching methods as students today have a variety of learning styles.

Antoine Lewis

I currently use power points mostly as a springboard for classroom discussion. I also research the web for perfect pictures of the product that the students are producing. I then post these pictures on student lab/production days as a slide show to encourage and motivate students' production.

Gene,

PPT is a Highed Ed. standard for delivering interactive multimedia presentations, Microsoft PowerPoint, just about a decade old now, is beginning to pop-up in classrooms of all levels.

PowerPoint is a wonderful tool for learning in both a student and teacher-directed situation. It can add a new dimension to learning allowing teachers to explain abstract concepts, while accommodating all learning styles. Used properly, PowerPoint can be one of the most powerful tools for disseminating information ever known. Good luck wit your classes

Antoine Lewis

I use powerpoints, videos both in DVD format and from the internet, and simulators such as a fake arm that the students can practice taking blood pressure. I think this gives the students a break from the same ole thing every day which keeps them interested a little more.

Allyson,

Mixing up your teaching method helps when needing to keep students engaged. The arm used to simulate taking blood pressure is a good and they get to apply what they have learned. I believe that we all should teach them, show them and let them when it comes to learning.

Antoine Lewis

I use powerpoint,lecture,role play,and hands on in the classroom. I find that using a varitey of different techniques work for all learning styles.

I use powerpoint,virtual simulation, and youtube technology in the classroom. I have found this is a must in my classroom. The ages of my students vary and I must use different types of technology in order to keep my students attention, to keep them motivated and to keep them actively participating in class. I really seems to help and it makes learning fun.

Shirley,

With technolgy we can adapt to the different learning styles by sharing various teaching techniques. I wish you continued success as sitting in the classroom and listening to a lecture will not reach every student.

Antoine Lewis

Sign In to comment