Public
Activity Feed Discussions Blogs Bookmarks Files

Barbara,

Powerpoint,virtual simulation, and youtube technology in the classroom provides several relative advantages. For example:Video provides the opportunity for students to experience events that are otherwise not present in the text. These methods provides students with demonstration to go with the material learn from text/lecture.

Antoine Lewis

We currently use power point, internet every electronic technology available. It make class fun when we all reach for our smart phones, tablets and look things up.

Luis,

With e-readers, tablets etc. students are becoming more engaged and excited about their education every day. Thanks to technology we have many ways to deliver content such as using PowerPoint. Students still must understand how to use the technology and have a productive/knowledgeable teacher in order to be successful.
Good luck with your classes Luis!

Antoine Lewis

The technology that I am using in the classroom is PowerPoint and a grading program that allows you to use flash card and electronic quizzes. I have the students to use the powerpoint to add their created outlines for some chapters. It is good for group work as well as an introduction to a program that will be used in most career fields that I can think of, at least for training.

Nicole,

PowerPoint, when effectively planned and used, can enhance instruction. There are effective ways to use PowerPoint which can be used to enhance instruction. Using flashcards can make the process of memorization easier for many students. Creating flashcards and quizzes to help in the learning process is always good.

Antoine Lewis

I use powerpoints, youtube video's in my class to help my students better understand the subject. I use subject related songs to help them understand the subject, it keeps them awake and they have un learning the matter.

Jumana,

Learning through presentation is important and helps keep students engaged whether it is PowerPoint or YouTube. Technology has become a large part of the educational process and when properly used at the K-12 or institutional level it can be very beneficial. Keeping student captivated and ready to learn often increases with visual learning.

Antoine Lewis

Hi Antoine,

First off, very well-presented material here. Thanks!

Because I teach modern music production techniques, the technology I use in the classroom is pretty varied. I often talk about and present from projects I am currently working on myself, which includes using music production software such as Ableton Live, and Pro Tools, projected onto a screen. I also utilize the internet for displaying and talking about new gadgets.

I also use powerpoint to present new ideas and step-by-step how-to's for my students.

Finally, tests are given over a local server, and the students take the tests on their computers.

I guess I should also point out that part of the students fees for our institution include a new laptop and software/hardware for them to produce music on. So, technology is an everyday part of our classroom life here.

All these teaching tools give me a great way to teach from many different angles: auditory, tactile, and visual, which enhances the overall learning experience.

Thanks!

Tony

Anthony,

Thank you for the compliment regarding the material presented. Using a variety of deliver methods can keep a class engaged and often on its toes especially when you are using software like Pro tools and/or Ableton. I all believe in the following “Tell me, I’ll forget Show me, I’ll remember and Involve me, I’ll understand”. Lastly it is awesome that your institution includes a new laptop and software/hardware for students to produce music on.

Antoine Lewis

I use our corporate specific simulator for certain classes and it is engaging to students. It is a very useful tool for encouraging lively discussions that break up lectures but keep students on topic. I also use an audience response system that they students enjoy, but I need to expand my materials in order to fully utilize so prep time is necessary initially. Once it is set up for a particular lecture (similar to PP presentations) it is easy to use going forward. I don't use PP as much as some instructors, because I like to use the whiteboard and write, draw diagrams, etc. I find this works well, but am considering changing some of my lectures from white-board to PP.

Bonnie,

Using simulator and an audience response system are good ways to use technology in the classroom and keep students engaged. White board and PowerPoint are both useful forms of technology. Due to social media and technology we have to change the way we teach as students learn differently now. My recommendation would be to mix old teaching methods with new technology. To best use technology in the classroom environment, be sure to use both your traditional methods of teaching and modern technology. This best of both worlds approach will help your students to learn more, recall information, and absorb the lessons in a meaningful way. For example, Use a mix of tactile, visual, and audio learning modules using web-based technology alongside a hands-on lesson.

Antoine Lewis

Right now we use engrade which has become an invaluable tool for not only the insructor, but the student. Being able to view grades and comments in as close to real time has been a huge hit with students. This quarter I added the "discussion board" to my Law and Ethics class and the response has been fantastic!

I has also saved me a tremendous amount of grading time and allows students to see what assignments are due.

Amy,

I have read much on engrade and it is a valuable technology used in education. Technology like this is good as one can indeed provide quality feedback, add asynchronous online discussions and track progress whether an instructor/student. One recommendation would be to provide a guide listing specific criteria for grading or scoring academic papers, projects, or tests (rubric).

Antoine Lewis

In my classroom, I utilize powerpoint presentations as well as edmodo. What I love about edmodo is that it allows the students to interact not only with the instructor but also with their peers. We are also learning how to incorporate share tools to work on different projects and assignments.

In my clss we use many forms of technology to bring information to students.We ceate animated
powerpoint to show flow paths and internal equipment operation,we use youtube to express simple examples which have already been produced by others,we do research in computer learning center on equipment too.This combined with extensive hands on makes for a great learning environment

Quebec,

In your classroom it seems some good technology is being integrated.The basis of good teaching with technology requires an understanding of the representation of concepts using technologies in constructive ways to teach content. Good luck going forward.

Antoine Lewis

wayne,

Use technology in the classroom had become the future and students as student learn from technology more than a textbook at times. What is important is the hands on learning-applying what was taught. Keep it up and good luck-learning concepts can be difficult or easy to learn but technology can help redress some of the problems that students face.

Antoine Lewis

In one of my classes we use Powerpoint, hands on and Computers both software and online media to instruct our students.

Charles,

PowerPoint is one of the most commonly used technologies in classrooms, and its projection on screens has become a fundamental part of many students learning information. Media is transforming the classroom whether it is visual, audio, etc. This upcoming generation embraces interactive media in the classroom. Good luck with your classes and still today taking hands on approach is always productive when teaching.

Antoine Lewis

Currently, projectors are used as well as powerpoint presentations. The students are definitely more attuned to my lecture when there is a slide presenting bullet points of information that I am sharing. The projector makes it that much easier to present the power point presentation I am giving. Along with power point, I use videos from you tube to further enhance the subject matter I am teaching. For Microbiology, seeing the actual microorganism and what it does to humans through video format interests them that much more.

Sign In to comment